P&R Billboard Fun

• 2 weeks later...

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Are you a vegan?  Because if you're not, then I'm assuming you have a much less problem with an animal raised to be killed for you to eat. Do you think that's more humane?

No...not vegan.  But what fun is it to hunt something that can't hurt you?

I mean...it is a duck or a dove...not exactly all that sporting.  I shot a rabbit with a BB gun when I was a kid...I felt freaking horrible.  I have seen that wild boar hunting...that looks way more sporting because those things seem crazy.

I might give a bit of a pass if you eat everything you kill.

And no, I don't care at all about animals that are raised for my food.  I suppose that might be hypocritical but I am a hypocrite.  

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

No...not vegan.  But what fun is it to hunt something that can't hurt you?

I mean...it is a duck or a dove...not exactly all that sporting.  I shot a rabbit with a BB gun when I was a kid...I felt freaking horrible.  I have seen that wild boar hunting...that looks way more sporting because those things seem crazy.

I might give a bit of a pass if you eat everything you kill.

And no, I don't care at all about animals that are raised for my food.  I suppose that might be hypocritical but I am a hypocrite.  

One rule in our house.  If we hunt it, we eat it.

So, you're fine consuming animals as long as someone else kills it.

That's fine.  I love beef, pork and chicken too.  Do you have the same problem with a farmer that raises his own beef, kills it and butchers it for the family?  The cow can't shoot back.  Heck, it can't even run away.

33 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

One rule in our house.  If we hunt it, we eat it.

So, you're fine consuming animals as long as someone else kills it.

That's fine.  I love beef, pork and chicken too.  Do you have the same problem with a farmer that raises his own beef, kills it and butchers it for the family?  The cow can't shoot back.  Heck, it can't even run away.

Oh yeah, I am totally fine with killing stuff for food.

I just think it is lame to hunt stuff that either can't hurt you back...or that you won't eat.

I suppose I have less of a problem people hunted with a knife...where the stuff has a chance!

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Oh yeah, I am totally fine with killing stuff for food.

I just think it is lame to hunt stuff that either can't hurt you back...or that you won't eat.

I suppose I have less of a problem people hunted with a knife...where the stuff has a chance!

So...you're fine killing stuff for food...as long as it's kept in a pen or confinement it's entire life....and then killed for food.

You have a problem with an animal allowed to roam free, eat what it wants, do what it wants, then killed for food.

Interesting.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So...you're fine killing stuff for food...as long as it's kept in a pen or confinement it's entire life....and then killed for food.

You have a problem with an animal allowed to roam free, eat what it wants, do what it wants, then killed for food.

Interesting.

I don't have a problem with the animal...I have a problem with the human that kills it for "sport"

I would not even say I have a problem...I just think it is lame.

@teachercd

I guess I can sort of see why hunting seems odd to a non-hunter.  But, I personally would prefer to know exactly where my food comes from, how it's processed, that it was free roaming and natural and that I gathered it myself.  

My favorite podcast/TV hunting personality is Steven Rinella.  His TV show/pod cast is called "MeatEater".  The guy promotes this way of thought.  He promotes total respect for the animal and what is being sacrificed for him to consume it.  His TV shows are just as much about the need to and how we consume what we kill (partly a cooking show too) and preserve the resource than it is about the fun of going out and killing it.  

I have a problem with people who just go kill stuff because it's fun to kill stuff.  In that aspect, I'm with you.  But, if I'm going to consume meat, it baffles me that someone would have a problem with me killing it myself instead of buying it from the store.

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

@teachercd

I guess I can sort of see why hunting seems odd to a non-hunter.  But, I personally would prefer to know exactly where my food comes from, how it's processed, that it was free roaming and natural and that I gathered it myself.  

My favorite podcast/TV hunting personality is Steven Rinella.  His TV show/pod cast is called "MeatEater".  The guy promotes this way of thought.  He promotes total respect for the animal and what is being sacrificed for him to consume it.  His TV shows are just as much about the need to and how we consume what we kill (partly a cooking show too) and preserve the resource than it is about the fun of going out and killing it.  

I have a problem with people who just go kill stuff because it's fun to kill stuff.  In that aspect, I'm with you.  But, if I'm going to consume meat, it baffles me that someone would have a problem with me killing it myself instead of buying it from the store.

Nah, if you are eating it, I totally get that.

Dove stew...Yum!

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Nah, if you are eating it, I totally get that.

Dove stew...Yum!

You are talking about shooting that trophy white tail so you can mount it on the wall. I understand where you are coming from but I will say a respectable hunters who kills deer for sport will donate the meat to families in need. Certain hunting, like deer and wild boar, is also good for population control. Now if you aren't hunting for any of these reasons thats kinda lame.