*** Official Colorado Game Thread ***

knapplc

1 minute ago, suh_fan93 said:

That's not the only thing.  Having more than 1 kicker is probably very advisable.  The pass defense gave up far too many big plays that resulted in touchdowns.  The run defense of the 1st half was not present in the 2nd.  The missed tackles.  Martinez holding on to the ball too long and once again not seeing open receivers due to not being able to handle pressure.  Piss poor offensive play calling.  I'm sure there's even more.

I agree with you on the defense as well.

In the first half we were playing with great fundamentals. In the second half I lost count on the number of defenders would dive uncontrollably for their tackles and totally wiffed.

• Fire 1

After over 20 years of this crap I thought I was used to it.  The Frost hire tempered it.. then last year we saw a measly few wins.. and now we lose to Colorado.  

That DC on Frosts crew is an import from a not so good legacy in that weak conference.  Why bring him up here?   Weak, slow play by the D.  Ugh... High hopes down the tubes again.  

Help us with this, Scott.

I don’t think this team will live up to expectations.  Today’s loss to a rival and in the manner it was lost will haunt this team all year.  

The offensive line line does not run block well enough to be a championship level team.  Tackling technique in the second half was very poor.  

I think Frost needs to rethink his offense scheme.  They need more work on developing a north-south game.

Just now, irafreak said:

Welp...time to burn this thread to the ground. Fire frost. Bring back...anybody. football sucks. I hate all of you. ;)

You're probably not far off from some posters thoughts....

I'll give Frost time, but he needs to realize whatever he is doing/or isn't wont work.  His play calling shows no ability to adjust to the D.  That whole BS we will take what they give you is great.  except they have been giving your O an a$$ kicking and that's what you are taking.

Greatest fans in the world can see a sh!t show and call BS......

6 minutes ago, The Duke said:

I agree with you on the defense as well.

In the first half we were playing with great fundamentals. In the second half I lost count on the number of defenders would dive uncontrollably for their tackles and totally wiffed.

Completely unacceptable and incredibly frustrating to watch.  Honas for example must have both of his ankles fully submerged in ice right now.

Worried about this team. Outside of JD and Wandale, we don't have any receivers. Tight ends again missed on a lot of throws. Can't run between the tackles. We cannot simply rely on outside runs. This isn't high school ball.

Don't think Frost is very confident about his offense. Need a better offensive line. Also think Martinez is not as good as advertised. He makes too many mistakes and kills us with turnovers. He's almost guaranteed a pick or cough up the ball each game.

1. We don't run much at all in the 2nd half and then give it a try in OT - WTF?

2. Way to many missed tackles in the 2nd half.

3. CU certainly looked better coming out of halftime and kept that advantage throughout the end of the game.

4. AMart's Heisman candidacy was very short.  Try again next year.

5. Thought we would lose a few we should win and that we would win a few that we probably should have lost.  Here's one of the former, hoping OSU can be the latter!

6. Still think we can get 6 wins, but the margin is getting tighter.

1 minute ago, FTW said:

Worried about this team. Outside of JD and Wandale, we don't have any receivers. Tight ends again missed on a lot of throws. Can't run between the tackles. We cannot simply rely on outside runs. This isn't high school ball.

Don't think Frost is very confident about his offense. Need a better offensive line. Also think Martinez is not as good as advertised. He makes too many mistakes and kills us with turnovers. He's almost guaranteed a pick or cough up the ball each game.

That outside crap is useless.  Did we run any screens?  And yes, miss Morgan more than I thought but I don't think Martinez could hit him anyway.