*** Official Colorado Game Thread ***

knapplc

Before he got here we weren't winning any quarters.  After he got here we are winning some quarters and losing games.  0-6 last year was not on coaching.  This team does not know how to play 4 quarters.  Osbourne wouldn't do anything other than support Frost 100% and agree with everything he's doing.  I doubt the old man could do better.

2 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

Before he got here we weren't winning any quarters.  After he got here we are winning some quarters and losing games.  0-6 last year was not on coaching.  This team does not know how to play 4 quarters.  Osbourne wouldn't do anything other than support Frost 100% and agree with everything he's doing.  I doubt the old man could do better.

I think the old man would have done something different in the play calling area. But it’s easy to only remember the good offensive games from his era too, I’m sure there were plenty of offensive clunkers. 

12 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Nope.  We didn't even bring pressure the second half unless Shinault was running the wildcat.  It was a clusterfudge of epic proportions.

That was the “play not to lose scheme”. You know, the scheme that loses. It’s the cousin of the prevent. giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8973f3ba3b1b70e020ba3

We need a better OL. We also need a Helu/Burkhead type running back. We need another Morgan/Enunwa kind of receiver and we also need better tight end play. I'd like to see a more hybrid style TE like a Kyler Reed.

In other words, it's going to take as I've said before 2 more recruiting classes to get this going where Frost wants it to be. I think if he was named HC while he was OC @ Oregon, he'd be much better off from the mess he inherited with the Riley era.

I haven’t read many of the others posts. Our D clearly ran out of gas. They were on the field way too long in the second half because of our sputtering offense. I think perhaps on offense the Huskers got out coached in the second half. But our defense just lost their energy. Two more good recruiting classes before things may start to get rolling. No question depth is a problem right now. 

13 minutes ago, FTW said:

We need a better OL. We also need a Helu/Burkhead type running back. We need another Morgan/Enunwa kind of receiver and we also need better tight end play. I'd like to see a more hybrid style TE like a Kyler Reed.

In other words, it's going to take as I've said before 2 more recruiting classes to get this going where Frost wants it to be. I think if he was named HC while he was OC @ Oregon, he'd be much better off from the mess he inherited with the Riley era.

While I agree with the recruiting argument, Colorado’s recruiting classes have been below ours the past 5 years. Their first year head coach made changes at half, something that might be Frost’s biggest weakness currently. 

We also have a stud receiver that we choose to not give the ball enough. Definitely agree that this and any offense would use big bodied, stud receivers. 

We didnt use the TE’s enough today. 

22 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

The hesitancy is something he never had before. And when we takes off its that second delay that causes a fumble or him to get lit up. Something is up. 

On the play in the first half where he fumbled on the QB draw, he’s hesitated and pulled up right before contact. I wonder what happened in the off season that is making him seem timid, or almost afraid of contact, this year. He’s certainly not running like a Nebraska I Back. 

4 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

On the play in the first half where he fumbled on the QB draw, he’s hesitated and pulled up right before contact. I wonder what happened in the off season that is making him seem timid, or almost afraid of contact, this year. He’s certainly not running like a Nebraska I Back. 

That and it seems like he is never takes a confident stand on when to slide or run out of bounds. If he's not hurt, playing that way will do it. 

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

This definitely came back to bite me in the a$$.  I didn't notice Chin would go all Banker on us the second half.

The defense has very little depth especially at linebacker they were gassed by the end of the 3rd quarter. The linebackers in the second half were out of position and missing tackles every other play.