Scott Frost

Waldo

39 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Agree. He seems to be afraid to throw the ball down field.

But nobody is getting open on the go routes.  No one seems to be able to separate and that was the same in the opener.  I feel we are very quick and the crossing routes and backs going out work the best rather than going straight speed.  The line isn't holding up to wait on the deep routes either. 

1 hour ago, BigWillie said:

We as fans have to be honest -- that was absolutely horrific playcalling in the 2nd half.

As much as it is easy to blame the defense for falling apart, the playcalling on offense just continued to put them in horrid positions series after series.

It's one thing if people want to say this a 'learning process', and we are 'growing'. But Frost was billed as the coach who was an offensive wizard who would put the team in the best position to succeed. Today was anything but that.

Agreed.  Needed to push for another score and then it was probably over.  Third quarter had the same look at the opener.  Also 17-0 with the crowd and momentum is not a learning process.  17-0 is not a score you consider over.

1 hour ago, Huskinator said:

It’s the second game in.  How can you say it made little to no progress. You e barely seen the team.  I’d also disagree as we went 0-2 last year.   Also you said warm, indicating hot.... that’s pretty much the same thing. 

How can you not say the offense looks blander?  I know we need to work on some things but just get a bit bigger lead before you take the third quarter off.  I felt like Callahan was making the calls.

1 minute ago, Mr. MojoHusker said:

How can you not say the offense looks blander?  I know we need to work on some things but just get a bit bigger lead before you take the third quarter off.  I felt like Callahan was making the calls.

The offense looked near perfect in the 1st half...and then Colorado made adjustments and Nebraska coaches did not know how to handle those adjustments. Martinez was 8 for 8 and had a 234 passer rating in the 3rd quarter before the collapse happened. Scoring 31 against Colorado should have been enough to win this game.

7 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

The offense looked near perfect in the 1st half...and then Colorado made adjustments and Nebraska coaches did not know how to handle those adjustments. Martinez was 8 for 8 and had a 234 passer rating in the 3rd quarter before the collapse happened. Scoring 31 against Colorado should have been enough to win this game.

Their adjustment was getting a ton of pressure with 3 players and playing good coverage on the back end. Still a young oline that needs some starts and some time to gel together. 

7 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Their adjustment was getting a ton of pressure with 3 players and playing good coverage on the back end. Still a young oline that needs some starts and some time to gel together. 

I think the O-line pass protection was pretty good today. At some point the staff needs to call some quick hitting crossing or screen plays, or Adrian needs to step up/escape and take off. I’m sure he was worried about getting hurt, and understandably, but he could have ran for 125 today. 

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

295 yards rushing (including sacks and kneel-downs) and 6.4 ypc is "no real running game"?

Wow

Frost wasn't happy with the run game either. Said Adrian has to do a better job running inside, Mo too, everyone does. He knows we're not going to get by everybody with just trying to outrun them sideline to sideline.

11 minutes ago, FTW said:

Frost wasn't happy with the run game either. Said Adrian has to do a better job running inside, Mo too, everyone does. He knows we're not going to get by everybody with just trying to outrun them sideline to sideline.

ESPN had incorrect rushing stats when I originally looked.  I thought they seemed high but I didn't realize they were wrong until after I posted that.

I still think the rushing offense was OK.  Not great but not terrible.  Taking out sacks, we had 40 carries for 217 yards - 5.4 ypc.

Dedrick Mills seems to be not helpful.  8 carries for 24 yards.  Washington and Martinez (less sacks) had 28 carries for 176 yards - 6.2 ypc.  That's a pretty solid day.

Just now, Mavric said:

ESPN had incorrect rushing stats when I originally looked.  I thought they seemed high but I didn't realize they were wrong until after I posted that.

I still think the rushing offense was OK.  Not great but not terrible.  Taking out sacks, we had 40 carries for 217 yards - 5.4 ypc.

Dedrick Mills seems to be not helpful.  8 carries for 24 yards.  Washington and Martinez (less sacks) had 28 carries for 176 yards - 6.2 ypc.  That's a pretty solid day.

Mills lacks vision. Need to look at other options.

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Their stats don't mean squat to SF though. Just listen to him at the presser. Martinez and Washington need to do a better job running between the tackles. A majority of our fumbles have been in that area.