Scott Frost

Waldo

42 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Their adjustment was getting a ton of pressure with 3 players and playing good coverage on the back end. Still a young oline that needs some starts and some time to gel together. 

Per Frost, they didn't really do any adjustments. They just executed better, wanted it more. Played harder than us.

Just now, HuskerNDave said:

This is embarrassment and I will never come back from it. Pudding all over the bathroom at a Cu bar. f#&% them. Ban me. I’m out you sorry a$$ faggot a$$ bitches 

I’ll take Huskerboard records for $400 Alex. 

“Which Poster had the quickest ban?”

Frost is not a good in-game coach right now.  Maybe he will be someday, but right now  he's not. I think he probably an excellent practice coach and gets a lot of practice buy in from guys. But I think he has a magical idea of an offense in his head- probably one that looks like a Chip Kelley recruited one-and is trying to fit square pegs in round holes.  He needs to adjust his offensive mindset to use the strengths of the guys that are on the roster right now- and we do have some very capable guys. I just wish he would quit either trying to make them into a scheme that does fit (the finesse one) or tries to set the bar so low that it makes winning impossible (play not to lose).  He turning Martinez into a headcase. 

Maybe it's time for some good ole option offense 

2 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Frost is not a good in-game coach right now.  Maybe he will be someday, but right now  he's not. I think he probably an excellent practice coach and gets a lot of practice buy in from guys. But I think he has a magical idea of an offense in his head- probably one that looks like a Chip Kelley recruited one-and is trying to fit square pegs in round holes.  He needs to adjust his offensive mindset to use the strengths of the guys that are on the roster right now- and we do have some very capable guys. I just wish he would quit either trying to make them into a scheme that does fit (the finesse one) or tries to set the bar so low that it makes winning impossible (play not to lose).  He turning Martinez into a headcase. 

Maybe it's time for some good ole option offense 

Martinez seems confused for sure.  It also seems like our O has changed from this year to last.  Maybe I am missing it, and I could be, but it seems less zone read, less RPO than last year.  We use it, but not near to the success we did last year.  We also seem to have a lot less motion this year.  

11 minutes ago, lo country said:

Martinez seems confused for sure.  It also seems like our O has changed from this year to last.  Maybe I am missing it, and I could be, but it seems less zone read, less RPO than last year.  We use it, but not near to the success we did last year.  We also seem to have a lot less motion this year.  

CU played tight in coverage, they dared Martinez to beat them with his arm when it mattered most, and he failed. We didn't see a lot of screen plays to the running backs but one did pay off big time. We saw some bubble screens that didn't work to the wideouts.

Idon't know what they're calling for inside run plays. It seems like whatever they are, they're basic trap/inside zone runs that aren't all that successful. There's no creativity. We relied too much on the edge.

Frost knows this, but we haven't really gotten an explanation on why they're struggling with other run plays. I think SF knows, but he's not going to say it. I just think, IMO, the offensive line isn't good enough and he's got guys waiting in the wings who may be too raw like Jurgens however he improved from week 1. 

Maybe it's time to start shuffling them around a bit up front. Could be a tackle or guard away from Mills turning into the Ozigbo type back we desperately need. All the hype and talk off season has made this program look silly. It was all undeserving for a team that finished 4-8 last year that continues to look like that same 4-8 team.

So Frost takes over a team with really no talent and after 14 games he's a problem? Those who thought we were just going to move into year 2 and win every week are the problem.  I never heard players say the let down Riley after a loss. Frost is trying to teach this team how to win. That requires going all out in practice and on game day. The reason the second half went to hell wasn't the play calls. It was effort. The players have to learn to play 60 minutes, not the coaches.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, roadrat said:

So Frost takes over a team with really no talent and after 14 games he's a problem? Those who thought we were just going to move into year 2 and win every week are the problem.  I never heard players say the let down Riley after a loss. Frost is trying to teach this team how to win. That requires going all out in practice and on game day. The reason the second half went to hell wasn't the play calls. It was effort. The players have to learn to play 60 minutes, not the coaches.

Can he teach them how to win while actually winning?  2nd half was on Frost. Even he said so. 

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, roadrat said:

We have more talent than Colorado and Frost has a year up on Tucker. This point is moot against the opponents we have played. Frost is our guy but he has to be better too.

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, roadrat said:

Not to rain on your rant but we just got beat by a FIRST YEAR program... Are you saying Mel Tucker is a better coach then Scott Frost..??

• Plus1 1