Scott Frost

Waldo

I think we don't have the overall talent to go cruise control for any amount of time.  I put a good chunk of this at Martinez's feet.   He has to be a run first pass second type qb right now.  They don't even look for him to run so they key on the back.   Frost needs to do a better job with the PC for sure.  This should have been a 38-17 win.    

Honestly I think frost is sometimes his own worst enemy by feeding into the preseason hype and in season comments. It gets the fan base extra expectations. Best practices ever, best qb ever, way ahead of last year, strength and conditioning hype. Again that’s all fine I am just observing that stuff probably gets people expecting more than we are getting. 

Personally the the talk of hey we are learning how to win bla bla. I don’t buy that. It’s year 2, we turned the corner last year and went 4-2. Why is that team not translating to this year or even better? 

11 hours ago, Mavric said:

ESPN had incorrect rushing stats when I originally looked.  I thought they seemed high but I didn't realize they were wrong until after I posted that.

I still think the rushing offense was OK.  Not great but not terrible.  Taking out sacks, we had 40 carries for 217 yards - 5.4 ypc.

Dedrick Mills seems to be not helpful.  8 carries for 24 yards.  Washington and Martinez (less sacks) had 28 carries for 176 yards - 6.2 ypc.  That's a pretty solid day.

I was ok with the rushing game. I'm with you, I'm not fully understanding Mills role in the offense. He doesn't seem to have the vision I would want. I feel like he'll get us 3 yards and call it a day. 

For me the problem seems to be that if JD goes quiet, the passing game disappears. I'm not sure where to go from here, but I think it's going to be a long season if we are stubborn about sticking with Mills and no one else steps up at WR. 

47 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Honestly I think frost is sometimes his own worst enemy by feeding into the preseason hype and in season comments. It gets the fan base extra expectations. Best practices ever, best qb ever, way ahead of last year, strength and conditioning hype. Again that’s all fine I am just observing that stuff probably gets people expecting more than we are getting. 

Personally the the talk of hey we are learning how to win bla bla. I don’t buy that. It’s year 2, we turned the corner last year and went 4-2. Why is that team not translating to this year or even better? 

I think he is trying to build the team's confidence by saying those things to the media.

2 hours ago, twofittyonred said:

Not to rain on your rant but we just got beat by a FIRST YEAR program... Are you saying Mel Tucker is a better coach then Scott Frost..??

First year coach but Colorado has a veteran offense. Their QB has a lot more more weapons to pick from than we do right now

15 hours ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

Even if it wasn't Scott Frost, we can't afford to fire another coach too quickly.  We are still paying two others and it would hurt our chances of getting a top coach.  

Scott is a top coach. There is a major culture change underway. He’s working with a fragile team. The newer players played hard the entire game. The older ones didn’t. I was 5 feet away from them on the sideline yesterday (see the last couple pages on the game thread where I cover this.) Their are still some hold outs from the culture change and it’s obvious.  He had some bad play calls, no doubt, but he’s our guy and the best coach we could ever hope to get. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, roadrat said:

So Frost takes over a team with really no talent and after 14 games he's a problem? Those who thought we were just going to move into year 2 and win every week are the problem.  I never heard players say the let down Riley after a loss. Frost is trying to teach this team how to win. That requires going all out in practice and on game day. The reason the second half went to hell wasn't the play calls. It was effort. The players have to learn to play 60 minutes, not the coaches.

Frost took over a team that quit on its coach after it was made clear three games into the season by the admin that he was a lame duck. There was some talent on that team. 

Also he’s got plenty of his guys at positions. 

The best thing Frost could is take his own advice, particularly his “no fear of failure” because his playcalling particularly in OT was hideous. And it’s probably time to take a close look at Chinander. He’s a liability. Cu ran a flea flicker on their own four. That’s just straight laughing at a schemes face. 

15 hours ago, Waldo said:

Played not to lose up 17-0 at the half and didn’t allow a point until 2 minutes left in the 3rd.

You might have to be more specific about this. To me, I thought Frost/Walters had us lining up with four or five guys out wide way too much in the third quarter instead of trying to run to setup better third downs. 

7 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

Frost took over a team that quit on its coach after it was made clear three games into the season by the admin that he was a lame duck. There was some talent on that team. 

Also he’s got plenty of his guys at positions. 

The best thing Frost could is take his own advice, particularly his “no fear of failure” because his playcalling particularly in OT was hideous. And it’s probably time to take a close look at Chinander. He’s a liability. Cu ran a flea flicker on their own four. That’s just straight laughing at a schemes face. 

How is Chinander a liability? The defense looks way better in general. The offense is providing no support right now. If we score the ball consistently this team looks good and that is what Frost wants to do. I bet we don't give up 24 in a quarter if we would have just scored a TD out of the gate in the second half.