Scott Frost

Waldo

4 hours ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

No............no it's not. ;)

What Frost and Co need to understand is that for 20 years now we've lacked a killer instinct minus the 2009 defense. Nebraska has made it a culture to take their foot off of the gas when they get ahead, shrink down when we get punched in the mouth, and come out flat numerous times out of halftime when we need to put a game away. They need to stay aggressive with play calling, let the defense fly around, and not play to NOT lose a game. All this talk of no fear of failure in the off-season yet that's what I saw in the 2nd half. Fear of losing the game, fear of calling aggressive offensive calls, fear of letting the defense fly around and stay aggressive. Take the god damn barriers down and just play football!!! 

They have time to turn this thing around, the goal is Indy this season anyways as no one thinks we're N.C. ready anyways minus delusional Iowa fans that have dreamnt up in their head that that's what we all think. The B1G West is there for the taking, can't be afraid to go and take it though. 

Exactly.  I'd rather we lose throwing caution to the wind, than go into a shell like that 2nd half.  

I will say it again.  After our loss to the Game c$%ks, Corey Raymond said look at them and look at us.  That was 8 years ago.  I watch a lot of college football and I am still "looking at them and looking at us".......

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

18 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

It's not hard to see a defense give up that many points when the offense constantly goes three and out and the game is played at altitude.  The D didn't blow this game.  The O did.  The D played far too many snaps.  The D was hung out to dry.  

IMHO, it's a little of both.  Lack of DB depth prevented a lot of subbing down the stretch.  The inability of the O do do anything save 3 and out didn't help......Play calling didn't help.  At all.

5 hours ago, Undone said:

I think we were looking for downfield shots but their defense was covering well and Adrian's instinct to take off and run when the 1st & 2nd runs weren't there just wasn't setting in. I think Martinez actually avoided throwing downfield into traffic really well when the play wasn't there, which is something that he didn't do last week.

We have to have more of a run game when we're up. We couldn't move the chains when we were spreading it out wide.

I think he played better then he looked-and I know that doesn't make sense  but I think we are really missing receivers that can get open.  

1 hour ago, lo country said:

Exactly.  I'd rather we lose throwing caution to the wind, than go into a shell like that 2nd half.  

I will say it again.  After our loss to the Game c$%ks, Corey Raymond said look at them and look at us.  That was 8 years ago.  I watch a lot of college football and I am still "looking at them and looking at us".......

What is so strange to me is the play-not-to-lose mentality is very un-frostlike. Or at least very different from what Frost has told us.  Makes me think he's listening to someone else. 

27 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I think he played better then he looked-and I know that doesn't make sense  but I think we are really missing receivers that can get open.  

I agree. I wish you could see game film that showed the full field better. TV broadcasts often don't give a great view of deeper routes. That's where it's more about the receiver getting open than the scheme getting them open. 

8 hours ago, roadrat said:

First year coach but Colorado has a veteran offense. Their QB has a lot more more weapons to pick from than we do right now

They were a 5-7 team last year..   A new coach and a new scheme this year..  We have just as many "weapons" and a QB in his 2nd year of this offense that was suppose to be legit.  I get that Frost is only year 2 but your offense shouldn't be regressing from the end of year 1. 

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

The defense has propped up the offense in both of these games. Right now the offense is the liability and anyone with eyes can see that.

Ill even go deeper... the O-Line is the liability.  Missed assignments and poor gap management and when Colorado came out at half and started running stunts, that line was lost.

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Undone said:

I think we were looking for downfield shots but their defense was covering well and Adrian's instinct to take off and run when the 1st & 2nd runs weren't there just wasn't setting in. I think Martinez actually avoided throwing downfield into traffic really well when the play wasn't there, which is something that he didn't do last week.

We have to have more of a run game when we're up. We couldn't move the chains when we were spreading it out wide.

you cant have a run game with the O-Line Nebraska has at the moment and you can always cover well when your rushing 3 and getting pressure on the QB

• Plus1 1

What the hell happened to our uptempo offense? You know playing fast? 

Last year our our offense would snap the ball with roughly 20 seconds left on the play clock. This year it seems to be draining all the way under the 5 second mark. 

Colorado played with more uptempo in the 2nd half than Nebraska has all season. 

3 hours ago, Dewiz said:

What the hell happened to our uptempo offense? You know playing fast? 

Last year our our offense would snap the ball with roughly 20 seconds left on the play clock. This year it seems to be draining all the way under the 5 second mark. 

Colorado played with more uptempo in the 2nd half than Nebraska has all season. 

On a given drive, We needed to drag our three downs  out as much as possible. Lol. 

The real killer, in my opinion, was not scoring-or even making a first down, on the fumble recovery play in the 4th. Ate like 40 seconds or something off the clock and then they ended up with the ball in pretty good field position. They did not have to pay for the turnover whatsoever 

we we must start punishing teams for mistakes 

Scott Frost lost to Colorado twice in his first two years.  He gets to carry that forever now.  I'm not happy about it, it is what it is.

Fix s#!t now, or we miss a bowl for a 3rd consecutive year.  Don't want him fired, that's just dumb as hell to even say, but he needs to make this work and fast.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Redux said:

Scott Frost lost to Colorado twice in his first two years.  He gets to carry that forever now.  I'm not happy about it, it is what it is.

Fix s#!t now, or we miss a bowl for a 3rd consecutive year.  Don't want him fired, that's just dumb as hell to even say, but he needs to make this work and fast.

Glenn Mason on BTN suggested our team might need a Dantonio type talk.  When jolly ol' Mason thinks this it makes you wonder if Frost's soft touch isn't working.  It sounds like not all players are taking the game seriously so maybe we've gone from liking to lose to not minding to lose.  The team has been taking a quarter or more off each game for years and it continues.  It might be time to knock some knuckleheads together.  What we are seeing on the field is not what Nebraska football is supposed to look like.