Scott Frost

Waldo

12 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Glenn Mason on BTN suggested our team might need a Dantonio type talk.  When jolly ol' Mason thinks this it makes you wonder if Frost's soft touch isn't working.  It sounds like not all players are taking the game seriously so maybe we've gone from liking to lose to not minding to lose.  The team has been taking a quarter or more off each game for years and it continues.  It might be time to knock some knuckleheads together.  What we are seeing on the field is not what Nebraska football is supposed to look like.

Frost's touch soft?  No

He had to pay some serious dues when he transferred back to Nebraska.  His weight room work is well known.....as a quarterback.

We lost in OT, on the road with a team aplenty with underclassmen.

Breathe.

1 minute ago, TheSker said:

Frost's touch soft?  No

He had to pay some serious dues when he transferred back to Nebraska.  His weight room work is well known.....as a quarterback.

Breathe.

I didn't say Frost was soft.

Read.

12 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Frost's touch soft?  No

Breathe.

You said Frost's soft touch.

As did I.

59 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

It sounds like not all players are taking the game seriously so maybe we've gone from liking to lose to not minding to lose.  The team has been taking a quarter or more off each game for years and it continues.

Nah, not buying any of that.

If Montez throws his last touchdown pass short by about 8 inches, Jackson blocks it. If we shut them down on that drive and walk away with the win, none of this kind of talk comes up.

That's how close this game was. Walters & Frost shied away from the power run in the third quarter and we couldn't put the game away. 

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Undone said:

If Montez throws his last touchdown pass short by about 8 inches, Jackson blocks it. If we shut them down on that drive and walk away with the win, none of this kind of talk comes up.

That's how close this game was. Walters & Frost shied away from the power run in the third quarter and we couldn't put the game away. 

I see no reason to disbelieve these observations. 

I saw a lack of energy starting the second half and I don't think it was altitude.  Just because the game was close doesn't mean it had to be.  This year, I haven't seen proof that we have an effective power run game that we can rely on.

1 minute ago, 4skers89 said:

This year, I haven't seen proof that we have an effective power run game that we can rely on.

Two games in, I agree with you. The interior rushing isn't there.

I'm not one to play cheerleader on this forum. I was probably more punched in the gut and disappointed than I've been since Bo's last blowout loss to Wisconsin in Madison when Gordon rushed for 85,000 yards.

But there's a foundation to build on, Wisconsin has a tough schedule, and Iowa probably isn't as good as people think. We can still win the West and we can still get the interior rushing game going. 

Have a good night; goin to call it a night.

• Plus1 1
53 minutes ago, Undone said:

This reminded me of something Stolle said in his post game interview. It was along the lines of if they had won the game guys wouldn't look at and learn from all the mistakes. 

If this team can look at what went wrong and fix it, this loss could be a blessing in disguise and turn things around. If they don't learn from it then it was just a bad loss and we're in for more. Either way it sucks. 

15 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Honestly I think frost is sometimes his own worst enemy by feeding into the preseason hype and in season comments. It gets the fan base extra expectations. Best practices ever, best qb ever, way ahead of last year, strength and conditioning hype. Again that’s all fine I am just observing that stuff probably gets people expecting more than we are getting. 

Personally the the talk of hey we are learning how to win bla bla. I don’t buy that. It’s year 2, we turned the corner last year and went 4-2. Why is that team not translating to this year or even better? 

I live in Texas so I don’t see or hear local football hype from Frost or anyone else.  I think the high expectations are from the memories of the Devaney and Ozborne eras.  All of the subsequent coaches felt the high expectations and were fired when they failed to meet them.  You can’t blame Frost for the hype.

Frost is not an outgoing screen personality, something he shares with Osborne and Pelion, and he does not clearly explain his thoughts to satisfy disappointed fans.  I doubt that he will since he needs to maintain the team morale and motivation.  He will never name the people who failed and were responsible for the loss.

i wish he would be more open about weakness and what is being done to correct it.  He tends to be vague and bland with his comments and they are not very satisfying- particularly week after week.

Everybody has the right to complain, bitch, demand changes, etc. but its still just a game.  The season for a championship run is probably over but the season is not. Our Huskers have more games and we will all support them, cheer them, and maybe cry with them.  But- the players and coaches don’t want to be losers and they will be out there trying each week.  All fans, including the fire the coach guys, Ned to be there too.  If anyone gets fired, it’s the AD’s decision after the season is over.

i would hope that future comments are directed at the play, what worked and what could be done better- instead of childish name calling and trash talk.

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, Undone said:

The fact that this game was close at all in year 2 is alarming.  Coupled with the shoddy week 1 performance, something is clearly amiss.  The loss is just an extra nut punch.

• Fire 1