Scott Frost

Waldo

2 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

Kinda funny. Most of you guys couldnt make a good call on a rotary phone. Yea, loss sucks. Maybe Frost knew some things we didnt. Maybe some situations occurred that we knew little about. Im pissed. It sucks. 17 pt lead...blown. Martinez is trying too hard tp be a QB he isnt. Turn it loose!! We will be fine. Just sucks right now. 

Agree. He seems to be afraid to throw the ball down field.

10 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

I didn’t mean you were... my apologies.  Those comments are more in reference to the morons saying he should go.   You are level headed and I apologize for only quoting you... that’s just laziness on my part. 

Only one person has said that so far. You are just being overly sensitive. 

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Frost is still a young coach and has a lot of improving to do as part of a Power 5 conference. He played it safe in the 2nd half and the OT play calling was horrible. The play calling last week was also not great. If Frost is calling the plays he may want to give that duty up 

He was an elite play caller at Oregon and UCF. He is the guy. But I am very disappointed how this year has started 

2 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

A poor O-Line with no depth, that was wore out at half and conservative play calling in the second half/OT lost this game...

Wore out at half? You could say they’ve looked wore out all year. The first half was definitely their best of the 4 this year. 

50 minutes ago, brophog said:

Has been for two games. No real running game is significant here, but no screen game hurts, too. We played out of trips a considerable amount today and they didn’t need to respect it.

Really unsure why the screen game is AWOL through 2 weeks.

Edit: ESPN had incorrect stats

7 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

He was an elite play caller at Oregon and UCF. He is the guy. But I am very disappointed how this year has started 

I am not sure why he is struggling...maybe being a head coach is too distracting now. When he called plays at Oregon he was in the booth I believe.

Also as we get into BIG play he needs to realize that playcalling may need to adjust as BIG defenses are not like the PAC 12.

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I am not sure why he is struggling...maybe being a head coach is too distracting now. When he called plays at Oregon he was in the booth I believe.

Also as we get into BIG play he needs to realize that playcalling may need to adjust as BIG defenses are not like the PAC 12.

This ol is bad & I think he is trying to find ways to be in 2nd & short, so he can work the play action. 

Anybody that knows football has to say that was terrible play calling in the third quarter.  Stopped all the routes with the receivers and backs going everywhere and went back to trying to run up the middle or stand in the pocket.  I felt like I was watching the opener.  Truthfully the hype is too much too in Husker Nation for this season.  People saying we are mediocre are not wrong. We were terrible and have worked our way back to mediocre which is great and much more fun to watch.  A good team or top 25 team does not lose that game today though, you just roll over them in the second half.  We are better overall I think this year but have to try and work things through without some key components from last year.  Now the offense is struggling and looks like it took a step back.  We put up crazy yards last year but had trouble making them into points.  We do not resemble that team, we are not putting up the yards.  We have to develop the line and then find replacements for Ozigbo and Morgan.  Washington's speed is awesome and Spielman and Robinson are crazy quick.  Where were the tight ends today?  Ahhh, still in shock that we lost today! 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, man eating mastodon said:

They have been paid off

Frost just put too much confidence in how good we were there.  Keep the offense rolling in the third for a bit and we are all saying how good we looked.  Martinez did the offense no favors today so not all can be put on the coaches....but in the third quarter I think the coaches get it all.

• Plus1 1