What did we learn? (The Rocky Mountain Low Edition)

After reading thru some of these posts, all or most are pretty much true.  Not defending our Defense, but they did really good for 3 quarters.  With a 17-0 lead thru mostly 3 quarters, they upheld their end well.  Our offense however didn't.  Up 17, and content to be up 17.  Once Colo scored to make it 17-14 our play calling changed and we scored.  Right after halftime, you put the screws to them, not when they get back into the game.

• Plus1 3

I don't feel safe with any lead with this team.

Martinez holds the ball too long and still misses some easy throws.

Frost with the 15 yarder and throwing deep on first down helped killed our chances of winning after the big turnover on special teams.  He is still getting outcoached. 

It is amazing we don't have a kicker.  Frost needs to give more importance to position.

• Plus1 1

1. The offensive coaches did not adjust, made horrible play calls, and did not make it easy on themselves. 

2. Remember how underwhelming Adrian looked in the spring game? That's the same QB. He has clearly regressed. He looks like a Freshman and has little to no poise. 

3. They do not have a WR beyond JD. I have to believe not having Andre Hunt hurts but who knows. Woodyard and Williams are a hole and in that corp. It has costed Nebraska a lot. 

4. The Offensive Line had moments of brilliance and moments of atrocious play, but overall I don't think they are the reason. 

5. Deidrick Mills in the kind of scheme, isn't a fit. It has completely taken Nebraska out of sink in the run game. 

I had a rant about how this Offense has made it difficult for the D. This defense is constantly put in positions where they have to clean up this O because of quick 3 and outs, and just not putting up points for a quarter and a half. The coaches need to think about making a fundamental tweak to this offensive scheme. I think in certain aspects, it has been figured out. I question the hell out of WR development, and I do think it's time to part away from Mike Williams. Nebraska needs to find more answers at WR. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

1.  Greg Austin is full of it saying he has no issues running 8/9 guys out there.  Serious job evaluations should take place this week

2.  Jojo needs to be on the field.   Like always.  Colin Miller, buh bye

3.  Noa only gets thrown to when he is covered.  Guy has ran open A TO

4.  The fun innovative offense we saw last year obviously reflects lesson 1.  Either Scott needs to let them learn on the fly with those plays, or focus on their strengths(good luck with that one)

5. Adrian is amiss.  Something is not there.  Remember the swag that got him flagged on the TD vs Iowa????  Where is that guy.  Not this scared boy

6. Williams is missed at safety.  A bunch.

7.  A team can get beat by a f#&%ing flea flicker in real life not just Super Techmo Bowl

8.  Marijuana laws causing CU to storm the field obviously have made NU relevant again 

Frost will never fire anybody in the middle of the season. The loss was on him today. I honestly don't think he will fire any of his coaches at all after 2 years. 

I learned that year 2 at ucf does note equate success for year 2 at Nebraska. My 8-4 season is looking better but I am still amiss that we lost this of all games.

I also learned Frost still has not won a road game. Illinois is looking like his first but it has been 2 years since we won on the road. That is just unbelievable. 

2 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Frost will never fire anybody in the middle of the season. The loss was on him today. I honestly don't think he will fire any of his coaches at all after 2 years. 

I learned that year 2 at ucf does note equate success for year 2 at Nebraska. My 8-4 season is looking better but I am still amiss that we lost this of all games.

I also learned Frost still has not won a road game. Illinois is looking like his first but it has been 2 years since we won on the road. That is just unbelievable. 

Was talking about starting jobs on the OLine, sorry for the confusion

• Thanks 1

So confused by our play calling after halftime.

Colorado wanted this game more.  Not to over react anymore, but we are still the same crew who lost 8 games last season and started the season 0-6.  Our defense has improved, but I think our offense has been stuck in reverse.  

UCF and Frost can't be a predictor to what he can do here.  UCF played a cream puff schedule for most of a season.  Sure they beat Auburn in a bowl game that didn't matter to Auburn.  

Face the truth and admit that this team and staff is still "work in progress" and still needs more talent A-Z.  Riley left the cupboard pretty bare in all areas.  Frost is still building a program from zero yet.  We need another year of good recruiting and another season of lifting and working out.    More than anything, we need to create winners.  We have such a losing mentality from top to the bottom.  

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

I got caught sucking the Husker helium at half, but when we started with a TO -which maybe has happened in the history of football but I certainly can't remember it- I knew it was over.  

Frost is going to our coach for a long time-but I  don't understand the poor practices leading up to game one,  utterly baffling play calling in both games, and a level of unfocusnessed that is embarrassing. Inexcusable 

We are a let down to the Big 10

Just now, huskerfan702 said:

This fan base is extremely fragile. 

Martinez continues to struggle seeing the field. It’s almost as if his WRs beside JD have to be schemed open. 

Oline was was better but still has a LONG way to go. 

Can live and die with the effort from the CB group. 

How are we fragile?  Still selling out and taking over other stadiums is not fragile.  We have endured 18 years of turmoil and mediocrity and we're all still here

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1