What did we learn? (The Rocky Mountain Low Edition)

I still think Martinez will be a stud, but it’s pretty crazy how much the fan base and media hyped him up after last year. Those things can get into a young players head. He just doesn’t look like the same player. Has 10 more games to go and I hope he and the offense can get it figured out. 

The defense played their hearts out for 45 minutes. I think the elevation and 3rd quarter wore them out. They play with much more intensity this year, but still miss a lot of open field tackles and the safety position wasn’t great today. 

• Plus1 5

3 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Face the truth and admit that this team and staff is still "work in progress" and still needs more talent A-Z.  Riley left the cupboard pretty bare in all areas.  Frost is still building a program from zero yet.  We need another year of good recruiting and another season of lifting and working out.    More than anything, we need to create winners.  We have such a losing mentality from top to the bottom.  

This stuff isn't a talent issue at all.  We get better recruits than Colorado ... even in the down years.

You don't win games on the road when you fumble ... instead of score.  You can't give up a flee flicker TD for 95 yards either when you have a team pinned.

Just now, krc1995 said:

I got caught sucking the Husker helium at half, but when we started with a TO -which maybe has happened in the history of football but I certainly can't remember it- I knew it was over.  

Frost is going to our coach for a long time-but I  don't understand the poor practices leading up to game one,  utterly baffling play calling in both games, and a level of unfocusnessed that is embarrassing. Inexcusable 

We are a let down to the Big 10

This post made me feel better ... I was thinking it was me turning in to watch the second half.  I learned here that it was the TO before even the first offensive call.  Well ... that makes me feel better.  I was taking the blame.  This is a better reason.  I just wish you would have made this call right when that TO happened ... that would have been stellar!

I am completely behind Frost, and will remain behind him.  This game today is on him and his staff, and I hope he learns from it more than his players do.  If you can win a game 45-0, go out and win it 45-0!  It seemed as if we were happy to win 17-7.  If we would have gone up 24-0 to start the 2nd half, this game would have been over.

I agree with some posters that we need more power, less finesse.   Run some old fashioned option or even bring in some wishbone plays.  

• Plus1 1

Sadly i learned that we are going to get better as the year goes on.  We are going to win games this year and i dont have a doubt we are going bowling.  But this team is far from back, far from the nebraska of old, and far from where scott frost wants us to be.  This one hurts more because its colorado and we all love to hate colorado.  Im predicting 6-6 or 7-5 depending on how some games swing.  

• Plus1 1

Its a talent issue, and its been a talent issue since Dr. Tom left 22 years ago.  We have hired and fired enough coaches for bad coaching, but its actually been because we lack talent.  Its still a talent issue today.  We don't have a Laviska Shenault or a Steven Montez or there other Wide Receiver who ate us up today.   Keep blaming the coaches each and every season we suck, and it is there fault, but its more for lack of recruiting than lack of x and o.  

Like I said, give this staff and Frost another season of recruiting and lifting, and we will have a solid team.  This season if far from being over, but this is not a Big Ten West division contender yet.  

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, Nebhawk said:

Its a talent issue, and its been a talent issue since Dr. Tom left 22 years ago.  We have hired and fired enough coaches for bad coaching, but its actually been because we lack talent.  Its still a talent issue today.  We don't have a Laviska Shenault or a Steven Montez or there other Wide Receiver who ate us up today.   Keep blaming the coaches each and every season we suck, and it is there fault, but its more for lack of recruiting than lack of x and o.  

Like I said, give this staff and Frost another season of recruiting and lifting, and we will have a solid team.  This season if far from being over, but this is not a Big Ten West division contender yet.  

One obvious problem with your hypothesis is we out-recruit nearly every team we play.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2
3 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I can't say it's a new thing I've learned, but i find it interesting when people who have absolutely no idea what they're talking about criticize the play calling...

If the EXACT SAME play calls went for nice gains, people would be praising the play calling. 

The difference is in mentality primarily, and execution as a result

Yep.  The offense puts up 31 points and  469 yards.  

But everything about it sucks.