What did we learn? (The Rocky Mountain Low Edition)

I learned that losing hurts just as much as I remember, that CU fans still suck, and that a bad loss seemingly brings out the grump in everyone. I still have faith in these coaches and this team, and I think that we will get better and do better. I think we need to remember that Frost is still a young head coach, and that he will get better too. Patience, y’all.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, HUSKERBROW1 said:

I agree.  I see now why some players left with his "MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY ATTITUDE"

You mean the players who quit football because they didn't want to play, transferred to much smaller schools or jucos or are currently riding the bench at their new schools because they couldn't win the job? 

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

That kinda says it all I think. 

Yep.  Just like they called the game at halftime today and the Huskers won.

You’ve done a very good job of convincing me that you’re just here to stir the pot and argue every possible point.  I don’t think you’re really here for the discussion. 

And my trigger finger has been extra itchy this week, as your friends have found out.

Just sayin....

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

You’ve done a very good job of convincing me that you’re just here to stir the pot and argue every possible point.  I don’t think you’re really here for the discussion. 

And my trigger finger has been extra itchy this week, as your friends have found out.

Just sayin....

giphy.gif

• Plus1 3
8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Just sayin....

Hey man. I don’t know what you’re inferring.  

All i I know is you’re defending the Huskers winning the half and, what else?  

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, HUSKERBROW1 said:

Show me some FACTS

Patrick O'Brien - 3rd string at CSU 

Tristan Gebbia  - back up at Oregon St 

Greg Bell - walked on at San Diego St 

Breon Dixon - transfer to CC 

Cam'Ron Jones - transfer to SMU

Quayshon Alexander - transfer to Townson 

Need more? 

• Plus1 2

Things I learned:

Our fans are awesome.  They showed out for a team that has done nothing to earn the crazy level of support these last several years.

Frost is our coach.  Even though he didn't do well today, he is the guy and has to be the guy for the long term.  He is the right fit but he has gotten off to a slow start.  If we are going to play fast, then play damn fast and hang 45 so they can't beat us.  We are not at the level where we can change/slow down the game and go conservative.  Play all out and I bet we get some blow out wins on sheer momentum alone.  

Been saying this forever.  We need to recruit and build the lines.  OL is a major weak link.  We have to recruit better in general.  We are not putting guys in the NFL and the lack of talent shows up in the score results.   I understand why we built this back-asswards with getting the QB and some fast guys because you should be able to out scheme some teams and that was Frost's calling card.  We need to dominate line play if we are going to really contend.

Because we have no OL we can't run between the tackles.  This has to change.  We have the gimmicks of Oregon but not the power run they had.  All this speed is built off the power game and now that teams know we have none of that we are in trouble. 

Just have to build piece by piece and be patient.  Day by day.