What did we learn? (The Rocky Mountain Low Edition)

Just now, Landlord said:

Well apparently neither can Frost recruits.

How about you go read their post. The young guys were focused on the game. Older guys were dancing around and laughing. I'm a bit disappointed you are one of the ones taking all these pot shots at Frost. Thought more highly of you.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

How about you go read their post. The young guys were focused on the game. Older guys were dancing around and laughing. I'm a bit disappointed you are one of the ones taking all these pot shots at Frost. Thought more highly of you.

Frost didn't do his job Saturday, and he didn't do his job very well the Saturday before. His job performance is clearly within the bounds of fair criticism and it deserves a lot of it after what we just saw. 

I still love Frost, trust he's the best chance we've got and will get it figured out, but I get tired of the inconsistency of argument fans put forth and the inexplicable nature of what the hell just happened.

• Plus1 3
11 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Not trying to pick on you specifically but this is the funniest part about all these people that "know" the problems with our team. Until anyone is watching the game again without emotions and watching a better angle than what you get on TV I will take what they think with a heavy grain of salt. 

Cool but I don't think you have to actually be 'at the game' in order to be able to see what is actually happening on the field 100% either.  Also the only way you're 'truly' going to be able to see everything (holds come to mind) is unless you're a ref actually down on the field itself or if you are a player or a coach standing right there on the sideline.  

3 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Frost didn't do his job Saturday, and he didn't do his job very well the Saturday before. His job performance is clearly within the bounds of fair criticism and it deserves a lot of it after what we just saw. 

I still love Frost, trust he's the best chance we've got and will get it figured out, but I get tired of the inconsistency of argument fans put forth and the inexplicable nature of what the hell just happened.

Except the arguement put forth isn't inconsistent. @ZMagers22 was on the sideline and saw what they saw. If you want to criticize Frost, do so instead of taking easy pot shots that aren't even accurate. 

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Except the arguement put forth isn't inconsistent. @ZMagers22 was on the sideline and saw what they saw. If you want to criticize Frost, do so instead of taking easy pot shots that aren't even accurate. 

Even if the case is that Frost recruits are super focused and never lose energy and Riley recruits take naps on custom beds in between series, it's still an indictment on Frost that he hasn't been able to get these older cancerous bad boy players to buy in. He's had 20 months to establish culture. 

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Even if the case is that Frost recruits are super focused and never lose energy and Riley recruits take naps on custom beds in between series, it's still an indictment on Frost that he hasn't been able to get these older cancerous bad boy players to buy in. He's had 20 months to establish culture. 

eyeroll.PNG

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Landlord said:

If you would have made this comment originally then I wouldn't have reacted the way I did. You make a point but I think its not that easy. Everyone was focused to start the game. The culture may be there to a degree and the older guys may want to buy in, but habits are habits until they are broken. Frost can only do so much to make them focus in the game, he has to worry about the game himself. I don't think the older guys think about what they are doing as detrimental to the team, and I don't think that is entirely why we lost Saturday, but I do think if everyone were locked in start to finish never letting up then we would have looked better than we did in the second half. That doesn't change the fact that Frost needs to figure out how to call a game when things aren't going according to plan. A large portion of this loss is on him and I will not deny that. But I think its niave to think unfocused upperclassman couldn't have contributed. I have faith he will pull this together by seasons end. I don't think we are that far off. A loss like this could help the guys and the coaches get back to work that much harder.

35 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Cool but I don't think you have to actually be 'at the game' in order to be able to see what is actually happening on the field 100% either.  Also the only way you're 'truly' going to be able to see everything (holds come to mind) is unless you're a ref actually down on the field itself or if you are a player or a coach standing right there on the sideline.  

I'm not talking about being at the game.  In order to really take in what is going on you need a better camera angle than what is shown on tv and the ability to pause and rewind. 

20 minutes ago, FTW said:

I'm with @Landlord this is Frost's team. While I can see other's point about the Riley's guys, maybe not all of them truly bought in? Who knows. What we do know is Riley's staff practically did a lackadaisical job recruiting their final 2 years under contract.

I think they are bought in but they still just have bad habits like thinking its over when we are only up 3 scores.

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I think they are bought in but they still just have bad habits like thinking its over when we are only up 3 scores.

Then that is on the current staff to keep coaching them up, improve conditioning, and keeping them motivated, getting everybody on the same page. We can point fingers and blame the previous regime eventually that excuse wears itself out.

I get the sense not everyone is on Scott Frost's side. It could be players, office workers, coaches, and I understand it. Tumultuous seasons do that and are very damaging to the psyche of athletics, especially at a major school like Nebraska. Everybody has to take things one week, one game at a time. And we have to be willing to take the lumps and bruises along the way before you get over that hill with the sunrise on the opposite end.

Frost said in his introductory press conference when he was hired, he wants to get the entire state pulling in the same direction for this team. He's going to lead. The real question is will Nebraska fans, people like you and me, follow? 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, FTW said:

Then that is on the current staff to keep coaching them up, improve conditioning, and keeping them motivated, getting everybody on the same page. We can point fingers and blame the previous regime eventually that excuse wears itself out.

I get the sense not everyone is on Scott Frost's side. It could be players, office workers, coaches, and I understand it. Tumultuous seasons do that and are very damaging to the psyche of athletics, especially at a major school like Nebraska. Everybody has to take things one week, one game at a time. And we have to be willing to take the lumps and bruises along the way before you get over that hill with the sunrise on the opposite end.

Frost said in his introductory press conference when he was hired, he wants to get the entire state pulling in the same direction for this team. He's going to lead. The real question is will Nebraska fans, people like you and me, follow? 

But Frost can't keep tabs on what everyone is doing throughout the game. He can coach them up with every second he has available but until the mental habits are broken they can still creep up. I completely disagree with you that not everyone is on Frosts side. Maybe fans, but I bet everyone inside that organization would go to war for Frost. He showed the players he could be trusted last season. This season is not tumultuous yet. Come on man just look at last year. That was tumultuous and the team rallied around Frost. I'm all in with Frost but it seems many of our new members don't remember that introductory press conference.

• Plus1 1
On 9/7/2019 at 10:56 PM, CapoValley said:

Hey man. I don’t know what you’re inferring.  

All i I know is you’re defending the Huskers winning the half and, what else?  

My bad.  I assumed critical thinking skills.

You asked where we were ranked in recruiting right now.

Obviously it doesn't matter where were ranked in recruiting right now.  It only matters where we're ranked when it's all over.  Similar to how it didn't matter what the score was at half time, it only mattered what the score was at the end of the game.

So, no I wasn't defending the Huskers winning at half.

• Plus1 1