What did we learn? (The Rocky Mountain Low Edition)

4 hours ago, lo country said:

I think that is what has everyone concerned.  What is the problem?  Losing the seniors hurt that much?  Staff can't adjust (which is a truly scary thought)?  Culture still has issues.....IMHO, Martinez is the missing piece.  He has yet to "play" a complete game this season.  

I wonder if anyone has noticed it or not but at the end of last season, the kids were having fun, they do not look like they are out there having fun to me.  Perhaps they have simply put far too much pressure on themselves to beat the expectations (like UCF year two type expectations) and that is a huge part of it.  They need to get back to just playing and having fun and hope the coaches pull their heads out.  

4 hours ago, lo country said:

I think that is what has everyone concerned.  What is the problem?  Losing the seniors hurt that much?  Staff can't adjust (which is a truly scary thought)?  Culture still has issues.....IMHO, Martinez is the missing piece.  He has yet to "play" a complete game this season.  

I'm not buying this in year 2 as an excuse or at least it shouldn't be. Benning had a tweet this morning that showed out of the guys that are playing a huge chunk of them weren't coached by riley long or at all. That melt down is on Frost. 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

I'm not buying this in year 2 as an excuse or at least it shouldn't be. Benning had a tweet this morning that showed out of the guys that are playing a huge chunk of them weren't coached by riley long or at all. That melt down is on Frost. 

Not sure if it's really a legitimate excuse or not but that's a mentality that has permeated through the program even before Riley was here.  Riley just seemed to make it even worse.

On 9/7/2019 at 6:49 PM, YellowShirt said:

Until we have a solid O Line and can run the ball consistently, we are hosed as a program.

Agree 100%,  Miles isn't up to the billing, the OL looks like last years - but it seems worse - or did Oz coverup a lot of the OL's issues last year that are so glaring this year??

After the first 2 games, the air is going out of my excitement balloon for this season

balloon-release.gif

57 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

How many ever started before? It's true it may not be his guys but inexperience plays a part. They will get better. No doubt in my mind.

6 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

How many ever started before? It's true it may not be his guys but inexperience plays a part. They will get better. No doubt in my mind.

Sure some of them are inexperienced you can say that about just about every college football team. Colorado had a first time head coach and at least one of there touchdowns was by a freshman. My point this is frost's team now, riley might still be screwing him in terms of depth and numbers but calling a timid first two games isn't playing with no fear of failure.