If that game felt familiar...

Just revisit 2018 Northwestern.

Husker offense came out and scored 14 out the gates before cooling off and allowing Northwestern to make it a game. 

Huskers held the lead through the 4th quarter but have the ball to NW up 31-24, only needing to keep them out of the end zone. Unfortunately, the Wildcats scored with :12 left to the it 31-31 and force OT.

In OT, Nebraska did nothing with the ball, Martinez had a costly mistake (INT). NW got it, kicked the GW FG, 34-31.

Sound familiar?

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, It'sNotAFakeID said:

Just revisit 2018 Northwestern.

Husker offense came out and scored 14 out the gates before cooling off and allowing Northwestern to make it a game. 

Huskers held the lead through the 4th quarter but have the ball to NW up 31-24, only needing to keep them out of the end zone. Unfortunately, the Wildcats scored with :12 left to the it 31-31 and force OT.

In OT, Nebraska did nothing with the ball, Martinez had a costly mistake (INT). NW got it, kicked the GW FG, 34-31.

Sound familiar?

Interesting.  Messed up.  But interesting.  Hey, Scott.  HEY, SCOTT!!

Nebraska fans need to accept that we're Virginia Tech, Iowa St. or Mississippi St. 

The sport is regional.

We can't spend our way out of the issues we have; the players can't lift their way into being as talented as other teams. Unless we find 10-12 4* players a year, this is it.

This is just what Nebraska is now, unfortunately.  And really has been for nearly 20 years.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Nebraska fans need to accept that we're Virginia Tech, Iowa St. or Mississippi St. 

The sport is regional.

We can't spend our way out of the issues we have; the players can't lift their way into being as talented as other teams. Unless we find 10-12 4* players a year, this is it.

This is just what Nebraska is now, unfortunately.  And really has been for nearly 20 years.

Pretty much exactly where I'm at.

27 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The sport is regional.

I don't agree. Coaching can overcome some things. I don't this is something we should hold on.

• Plus1 2
38 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The sport is regional.

I'll take strong overreaction for 1000, Alex

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, It'sNotAFakeID said:

We'll have our spectacular years, but those years will rarely result in playoff appearances.

We won't ever be the powerhouse that we were, but there's no reason we can't be in the same light as Penn State.

I think the best we can hope for is a magical year.

And I would say Penn State is in a better situation. It's much easier to recruit there.