If that game felt familiar...

3 hours ago, It'sNotAFakeID said:

Just revisit 2018 Northwestern.

Husker offense came out and scored 14 out the gates before cooling off and allowing Northwestern to make it a game. 

Huskers held the lead through the 4th quarter but have the ball to NW up 31-24, only needing to keep them out of the end zone. Unfortunately, the Wildcats scored with :12 left to the it 31-31 and force OT.

In OT, Nebraska did nothing with the ball, Martinez had a costly mistake (INT). NW got it, kicked the GW FG, 34-31.

Sound familiar?

YES Very Familiar

Bad losses are bad losses and this one (mainly cause their fans suck and losing last year how we did left a bitter taste) was especially bad. Nebraska has to be one of the best teams I’ve ever seen when it comes to shooting ourselves in the foot. That being said, the sky is not falling. There is an entire season left, and there are players and coaches who you can see want to do better and who feel just as crappy (if not worse) as we all do with how the game went. I just think these comparisons to other times we’ve lost are counterproductive and basically the equivalent of listening to depressing emo music when you’re already in a bad mood. Have some faith. Riley got more than a year and 2 games, perhaps giving Frost and the team more than that would be wise. 

8 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Nebraska fans need to accept that we're Virginia Tech, Iowa St. or Mississippi St. 

The sport is regional.

We can't spend our way out of the issues we have; the players can't lift their way into being as talented as other teams. Unless we find 10-12 4* players a year, this is it.

This is just what Nebraska is now, unfortunately.  And really has been for nearly 20 years.

I still reserve the right to get cranky about losses to other mediocre programs that are absolutely rivals like Colorado and Iowa.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, ebohnart said:

Riley got more than a year and 2 games, perhaps giving Frost and the team more than that would be wise. 

Well Riley won more than Frost in his first 14 games as a Nebraska head coach and Frost criticized Riley at every chance he could. The comments are warranted.

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Nebraska fans need to accept that we're Virginia Tech, Iowa St. or Mississippi St. 

The sport is regional.

We can't spend our way out of the issues we have; the players can't lift their way into being as talented as other teams. Unless we find 10-12 4* players a year, this is it.

This is just what Nebraska is now, unfortunately.  And really has been for nearly 20 years.

So let’s find them. Get a hired gun to get them here. Do whatever it takes

It's not all about talent.  We have that on the roster.  It might be another year or two before we get them ready to play.

I remember for years I complained repeatedly about the square peg round hole of previous OC's Wats, Beck and Langs (honestly had to look him up). Frost is in year 2. With a few of his guys playing on offense.  Mo, Wan'dale, Mills to name a few.  The OL is pretty much other coaches recruits.  Same with the D.....I guess I'm to the point that again we are watching square peg/round hole and will for the next 1-2 years.  Cally had Franks kids, Bo went in with pro style WCO, Riley to those spread option "multiple" and completely ruined them.  New system.  New schemes. New coaches......

It is going to take a while.  Longer than any of us had hoped.  I think that Frost needs to do some soul searching on what he really wants to do here schematically.  Look at his staff.  His coaching methods etc....  What worked at UCF might not work here.  Oregon's O without Husker power gets you beat.  The reality is if Frost can't turn things around, I am unsure who can. He needs time and I said to myself I'd give him that time.  As some one mentioned about being at the game and watching behavior, culture still has a ways to go.......

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, SFW said:

I hope your right.   The OL has major holes in it and depth issues.  The big ten schedule looks daunting.  We don’t win on the road or in overtime.  Curb stomps and pain coming soon.  

Thats your opinion. All you have to do is look at last year. We will get better, but faster this time because the guys actually want to.