If that game felt familiar...

1 hour ago, SFW said:

I hope your right.   The OL has major holes in it and depth issues.  The big ten schedule looks daunting.  We don’t win on the road or in overtime.  Curb stomps and pain coming soon.  

Just relax. We will get better. There's a reason in the prayer it starts with day by day. I hope you come back and eat crow when good things happen.

3 hours ago, ebohnart said:

If you flip this narrative, the good news is that CU didn’t beat us, we beat us. Once we stop doing that, things will get better. That largely comes from a lack of experience, and will only get better with time. 

I agree with this. 

It's frustrating that this happens, a lot. It has transcended coaching staffs and many players. Let's hope it gets fixed. 

4 hours ago, lo country said:

It's not all about talent.  We have that on the roster.  It might be another year or two before we get them ready to play.

re: bold - why???? Why aren't they ready to play now? Colorado was in their second game with a brand new coaching staff. Why the hell does it take Nebraska coaches 3 years to get players ready to play a football game and we routinely play opponents with new staffs 1/2 or 1/3 or 1/10 of the amount of time in who are more prepared to play than we are? 

Riley's cancerous program is not an excuse that extends anywhere even remotely close to that far.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Landlord said:

re: bold - why???? Why aren't they ready to play now? Colorado was in their second game with a brand new coaching staff. Why the hell does it take Nebraska coaches 3 years to get players ready to play a football game and we routinely play opponents with new staffs 1/2 or 1/3 or 1/10 of the amount of time in who are more prepared to play than we are? 

Riley's cancerous program is not an excuse that extends anywhere even remotely close to that far.

I think lo country is referring to the two classes of talent that Frost has added. Those a sophomores and freshmen. It may take those players another year to get ready. The bulk of the talent this team has is from Frost. The recruiting classes from before that have largely left or never developed which falls more on Riley.

Yes Colorado has a new coach but they have experienced talent. Montez and Shenault are seniors. If we even had one experienced senior on offense it might make a large difference the way Stanley did last year. We don't and that's not on Frost. 

1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Yes Colorado has a new coach but they have experienced talent. Montez and Shenault are seniors. If we even had one experienced senior on offense it might make a large difference the way Stanley did last year. We don't and that's not on Frost. 

We had Stanley and Ozigbo as well as upperclassmen linemen last year and went 4-8.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

BOOM, lota of excuses and a lot of talking, our fundamentals are still lacking in season 2 under Frost.

And what do you want to do about it 2 games into the season? Maybe we should support the coach we wanted here until the season is through and evaluate where we are then. 

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

And what do you want to do about it 2 games into the season? Maybe we should support the coach we wanted here until the season is through and evaluate where we are then. 

We can support the coach and still critique the hell out of said coach, he royally screwed up after giving us a line of BS all off season.  Some of us now see the smoke blown up our arses and we will call him out on it.

• Plus1 1

I believe Frost said the team didn’t deserve the ranking, etc that were being placed on them. He said they had to go out and earn it. All of the teams goals are still achievable. By the way, mho is that the coaches got out coached in the second half, period. Things will get better.

2 hours ago, Landlord said:

I was referring to freshman who are not starting.  Benhart, Frtizsche, Pola Gates, Hickman, Henrich etc..  Injuries to some.  These guys are allegedly difference makers. I'd love to see them early.  See what they can do and get them exposure to the FBS level. 

I'm guessing that the opportunity to get them in against "lesser" opponents or in blowouts won't happen.  

I do agree that the kids who are starters should be able to play Week 1 Day 1.  Coaches should be able to get some serviceable (possibly limited plan) to win.  Like CU, first year HC, down by 17 and they didn't quit.  Didn't let up.  Knew the system. And wore us down and won.....And showed a tough culture. Physically and mentally.

This is what worries me.  In games last year we were out coached and unprepared as well.  The first CU loss.  The NW loss.  The time out to start the 2nd half.  That stuff is amateurish at best.

I really have no answer.  I am willing to give Frost time, but that time comes with observable improvement in all 3 phases of the game.  I am personally disappointed after finishing 4-2 down the stretch, the pre-season hype, the way the schedule lined up etc....  Wasn't predicting 12-0 or even 10-2, but thought contending/wining the West wasn't out of the realm of possibilities.  I'm just tired of seeing Rileyesque crap.  No in game adjustments, undisciplined, mistake prone, regression of play (offense).

At the presser he seem defeated.  Like this gig might not be as easy as he thought.  Maybe even looking at his system, staff, starters, who knows...Might be the best thing to happen to NU.

41 minutes ago, Landlord said:

We had Stanley and Ozigbo as well as upperclassmen linemen last year and went 4-8.

And we should have won more games last year. My point was specific to this year. A young offense makes the mistake of taking their foot off the gas and not playing as hard. That's what happened Saturday. 

2 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I think lo country is referring to the two classes of talent that Frost has added. Those a sophomores and freshmen. It may take those players another year to get ready. The bulk of the talent this team has is from Frost. The recruiting classes from before that have largely left or never developed which falls more on Riley.

Thanks!.  Just got back online and replied.  Referring to the infusion we have coming in that probably wont play this year.  

• Plus1 1