BIG West

We are now two games into the season and most teams have not yet played a conference game so the winner of the BIG West is technically wide open. With that said, it appears Wisconsin and then Iowa are likely the favorites at this point to win the division. Purdue, Nebraska and Minnesota have not looked great thus far (I realize MN still has not played yet today). Wisconsin looks dominant as usual and will be tough to beat. 

Also with Maryland looking so strong Nebraskas schedule that once looked a bit easier now does not seem as much so. 

• Plus1 1

So here's the thing: Chinander has succeeded in building a front seven designed to stop the run. We have big, strong linemen & linebackers. We are built to stop Wisconsin, Iowa, & Minnesota.

If our run blocking improves by the time we play those games we will be contenders to win the West. 

If we had somehow won in overtime, would you feel like we were a better team than you do now? Probably shouldn't. Our defense got gassed in the thin air mainly because our offense started to sputter (partly due to bad play calling in the third quarter). This team has a good foundation to build on, and I still think our defense is greatly improved.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 3
9 minutes ago, Undone said:

So here's the thing: Chinander has succeeded in building a front seven designed to stop the run. We have big, strong linemen & linebackers. We are built to stop Wisconsin, Iowa, & Minnesota.

If our run blocking improves by the time we play those games we will be contenders to win the West. 

If we had somehow won in overtime, would you feel like we were a better team than you do now? Probably shouldn't. Our defense got gassed in the thin air mainly because our offense started to sputter (partly due to bad play calling in the third quarter). This team has a good foundation to build on, and I still think our defense is greatly improved.

The offense wasn't great early last season. Turnovers vs Colorado, an abysmal performance against Troy, then we got demolished by Michigan. But what happened after that was some of the best offense we have ever seen here. Lets give it some time

• Plus1 1

At this point we look like the worst team in the West.  I don’t see a BiG win at this point.  

What tells you otherwise?

5 wins over crap teams?

Minnesota, Illinois are better and no MSU schedule.

Our most likely wins are on the road we don’t win on the road.  

That gives us 2 wins NW and Indy.  

Buckle up it’s going to get rough.  

And put a helmet on we are going to get curb stomped a few time along the way. 

2 hours ago, SFW said:

At this point we look like the worst team in the West.  I don’t see a BiG win at this point.  

What tells you otherwise?

5 wins over crap teams?

Minnesota, Illinois are better and no MSU schedule.

Our most likely wins are on the road we don’t win on the road.  

That gives us 2 wins NW and Indy.  

Buckle up it’s going to get rough.  

And put a helmet on we are going to get curb stomped a few time along the way. 

Not sold on Minnesota it Illinois. Because we haven't won on the road 8 games in a row we will never win on the road? I get being upset but Jiminy crickets go back into the woodwork. All these people come out at the first sign of bad (ie. First loss) get the hell over it. Teams improve. It could be worse. We could be Florida State, Tennessee, Rutgers, Illinois.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, hskrfan4life said:

Not sold on Minnesota it Illinois. Because we haven't won on the road 8 games in a row we will never win on the road? I get being upset but Jiminy crickets go back into the woodwork. All these people come out at the first sign of bad (ie. First loss) get the hell over it. Teams improve. It could be worse. We could be Florida State, Tennessee, Rutgers, Illinois.

We will find out about Illinois and road wins soon enough.

sorry you don’t like evidence 

It would take a miracle for this team to win the Big West...the signs thus far indicate that we will lose to Wisconsin, Ohio state, Purdue, Iowa, and Maryland. I would not be surprised if we also lost to northwestern and Minnesota. We have yet to play four quarters of football. Northern Illinois is no joke. They have a very good team. They might beat us if we don’t wake up in time. With all the fan support and the HUGE salary that Scott Frost is getting, this fan base better see some good wins this year. Enough is enough...no excuse for the piss poor play in the second half.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, lincoln84 said:

Stop. We are not winning the West. Let’s win this week and keep playing. We will have our hands full week in and out. Having ridiculous expectations is just a distraction. 

scott frost disagrees with you about expectations

https://thespun.com/college-football/scott-frost-nebraska-expectations-2019

Frost loves the high expectations. Nebraska’s head coach thinks the expectations have been too low in Lincoln.

“I actually think it’s good for our football team. I think expectations have been way too low in Lincoln for way too long,” Frost told Big Ten Network.

1 minute ago, commando said:

scott frost disagrees with you about expectations

https://thespun.com/college-football/scott-frost-nebraska-expectations-2019

Frost loves the high expectations. Nebraska’s head coach thinks the expectations have been too low in Lincoln.

“I actually think it’s good for our football team. I think expectations have been way too low in Lincoln for way too long,” Frost told Big Ten Network.

I am glad he feels that way. But I doubt he is talking much about the BIG championship in the locker room or at practice. We have to take care of business on Saturdays and yesterday was an epic fail in that regard. On to NIU.