BIG West

2 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

As long as Nebraska is competitive, I don't necessarily think that's true. Most of us are aware that Ohio St is a much better team at this point. 

Well last year we were a much weaker team and nearly beat an Urban Meyer led OSU team in Columbus. Our talent and experience is better than a year ago, so unless the there is way better talent and the new coach is better than Urban, we can pull off the upset. The key is playing a very clean game as we did against NIU.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

56 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Well last year we were a much weaker team and nearly beat an Urban Meyer led OSU team in Columbus. Our talent and experience is better than a year ago, so unless the there is way better talent and the new coach is better than Urban, we can pull off the upset. The key is playing a very clean game as we did against NIU.

OSU s what team that we can't be typical NU and have multiple penalties and TO's.  Play a clean game we have punchers chance.  

1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I hope you realize how little last year's game has to do with this year's game....

17 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I hope you realize how little last year's game has to do with this year's game....

Its important in that last year was the first year we have been competitive against OSU in some time. The prior two outings we were outscored something like 120 to 17. The new staff helped us become more competitive in my opinion. 

I personally think that we are a better team despite some mistakes we have seen thus far. That is my rationale...now if OSU is substantially better this year and we are just marginally better, maybe its not competitive. I dont believe OSU has played much competition yet this year.

2 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Well last year we were a much weaker team 

Were we really? I mean I know we're winning some games now, and our defense is very noticeably consistently better, but we have not looked particularly competent, confident, smooth or efficient this year. The Colorado game last year, for example, looked like a much better played game on our part than the Colorado game this year did. 

I have a sneaky suspicion that OSU and Justin Fields are not ready for the physicality they're about to face. Like some have said, they haven't really played anyone. At the same token, neither have we. But we have the home field advantage and so we have to make the best of that. This is one of those games Frost is talking about when referring to the entire state pulling in the same direction. We need it to happen.

• Fire 1
10 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Were we really? I mean I know we're winning some games now, and our defense is very noticeably consistently better, but we have not looked particularly competent, confident, smooth or efficient this year. The Colorado game last year, for example, looked like a much better played game on our part than the Colorado game this year did. 

While we are not clicking on all cylinders completely, we do look much better from a year ago outside of special teams. Had Pickering been injured in the 2018 season out special teams would have looked just as bad as now.

I think we have made the greatest strides defensively. Outside of the 2nd half vs Colorado this defensive unit has been playing much better. Without 21 points off turnovers Illinois likely scores only 17 to 20 points yesterday. 

Who knows maybe we will get trounced and OSU has made huge strides under a new coach. We will all find out soon enough.

11 hours ago, Landlord said:

Last year we started 0-6 this year we have started 3-1 so yea, I'd say last year was the weaker team.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
17 hours ago, FTW said:

I have a sneaky suspicion that OSU and Justin Fields are not ready for the physicality they're about to face. Like some have said, they haven't really played anyone. At the same token, neither have we. But we have the home field advantage and so we have to make the best of that. This is one of those games Frost is talking about when referring to the entire state pulling in the same direction. We need it to happen.

I would argue Cincinnati is a very good team and OSU absolutely crushed them. I would also argue Colorado is decent.

4 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

They're not.  They are a middle of the pack AAC team much like Tulane and ECU.  They're middle of the pack on total offense in the conference, middle of the pack on total defense.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2019/conference/823/index.html

This is the AAC...it's not a powerhouse of a conference at all.

Get that garbage outta here. They were 11-2 last year, beating VT in a bowl game, and their only blemish this year is a 42-0 beat down from a stacked Ohio State team. Of course their stats will look poor, they've only played 3 games.

Just now, BlitzFirst said:

They haven't faced a top 25 defense yet.

I posted a link for you to verify what I'm saying.  I can't force you to actually look but you should.  Last year was last year....not this year.

What I'm trying to convey is having 1/3 of your games played against Ohio State will make your stats look terrible.