BIG West

1 hour ago, huskerfan74 said:

It would take a miracle for this team to win the Big West...the signs thus far indicate that we will lose to Wisconsin, Ohio state, Purdue, Iowa, and Maryland. I would not be surprised if we also lost to northwestern and Minnesota. We have yet to play four quarters of football. Northern Illinois is no joke. They have a very good team. They might beat us if we don’t wake up in time. With all the fan support and the HUGE salary that Scott Frost is getting, this fan base better see some good wins this year. Enough is enough...no excuse for the piss poor play in the second half.

Thus far. Two games into a second year. Also if we boat race NIU Saturday there won't be talk about them being a good team. It'll be that "we did what we're supposed to do.

13 minutes ago, commando said:

scott frost disagrees with you about expectations

https://thespun.com/college-football/scott-frost-nebraska-expectations-2019

Frost loves the high expectations. Nebraska’s head coach thinks the expectations have been too low in Lincoln.

“I actually think it’s good for our football team. I think expectations have been way too low in Lincoln for way too long,” Frost told Big Ten Network.

I hate to say it but talk is cheap at this point, show me the friggin money.  Frost can talk all he wants but talking and doing are 2 different things, he has yet to show anything on the field other than talk.  I am done listening to coachspeak, time to walk the walk because the talking has made him look like a moron.

45 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

Thus far. Two games into a second year. Also if we boat race NIU Saturday there won't be talk about them being a good team. It'll be that "we did what we're supposed to do.

Yes, beating NIU is what a good Husker team needs to do without breaking a sweat. We should not be struggling against teams like south Alabama and Colorado. At this point, we need to be competing with Wisconsin and Ohio state. Worrying about beating NIU should not even be a question given all the hype and support this team has got. Nevertheless, I have a feeling that we will once again struggle against a team like NIU and I hope we win because if we don’t, it will get ugly very quickly.

• Fire 1
49 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

I hate to say it but talk is cheap at this point, show me the friggin money.  Frost can talk all he wants but talking and doing are 2 different things, he has yet to show anything on the field other than talk.  I am done listening to coachspeak, time to walk the walk because the talking has made him look like a moron.

Just curious what you'd like Frost to say? The media is a giant animal in Nebraska so Frost has to go in front of them twice per week to keep people happy. The media asks for details so he gives what he can and then people think the talk is cheap. I have doubt if Frost had his way he'd go right back to practice to work on fixing this and tell the media to bite it. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Just curious what you'd like Frost to say? The media is a giant animal in Nebraska so Frost has to go in front of them twice per week to keep people happy. The media asks for details so he gives what he can and then people think the talk is cheap. I have doubt if Frost had his way he'd go right back to practice to work on fixing this and tell the media to bite it. 

He basically says we will play balls out and then contradicts himself by playing not to lose or in his words "not to turn it over".  Give it to us straight, we have a lot of work to do, dont give me the BS we practiced a lot better, show it.  We played well in the first half, then our coaches crapped the bed the second half, that's on me(Frost apprently before the press conf started), so basically we dont play without fear, our coaches crap themselves in games and basically fluffs us.  We play not to lose and end up losing, go figure.  Don't give us fluff, say practicea have not gone the way you wanted, then we wont expect a turn around only to piss it down our legs.  I bought the hype like an idiot, I listened to Frost, I made that mistake, wont happen again.  I lost my damned beard(which sucked and looked terrible) to a bet with some fly by night chairforce CU fan/neighbor all because I bought into Frost BS.

16 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

He basically says we will play balls out and then contradicts himself by playing not to lose or in his words "not to turn it over".  Give it to us straight, we have a lot of work to do, dont give me the BS we practiced a lot better, show it.  We played well in the first half, then our coaches crapped the bed the second half, that's on me(Frost apprently before the press conf started), so basically we dont play without fear, our coaches crap themselves in games and basically fluffs us.  We play not to lose and end up losing, go figure.  Don't give us fluff, say practicea have not gone the way you wanted, then we wont expect a turn around only to piss it down our legs.  I bought the hype like an idiot, I listened to Frost, I made that mistake, wont happen again.  I lost my damned beard(which sucked and looked terrible) to a bet with some fly by night chairforce CU fan/neighbor all because I bought into Frost BS.

Frost has come out and said we had bad practices. He's said we're not as big and strong as other teams. He has said it'll take time to build this right. He's said he needs time. 

He's also said the team looks better and practices hard and other things that we and the media spin into hype. If you ask me Frost speaks as real as any coach out there. 

I'm sorry about your beard that blows. 

21 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Frost has come out and said we had bad practices. He's said we're not as big and strong as other teams. He has said it'll take time to build this right. He's said he needs time. 

He's also said the team looks better and practices hard and other things that we and the media spin into hype. If you ask me Frost speaks as real as any coach out there. 

I'm sorry about your beard that blows. 

I am Irish Norwegian, it took me forever to grow that SOB.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, commando said:

scott frost disagrees with you about expectations

https://thespun.com/college-football/scott-frost-nebraska-expectations-2019

Frost loves the high expectations. Nebraska’s head coach thinks the expectations have been too low in Lincoln.

“I actually think it’s good for our football team. I think expectations have been way too low in Lincoln for way too long,” Frost told Big Ten Network.

That's also good coach speak.  It would be pretty great to hear him say "I always wanted to play in the Big Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl and have a cigar in Ybor City again" but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

We can still turn this around and win the B1G West, but I'm just being real with myself and saying that's not gonna happen. I'd love to be proven wrong by the Huskers but 20 years of pain has shown me I need to protect myself and face reality. I don't think any of us really knew how bad of shape this program was left in when Riley was shown the door. Frost didn't have much to work with so that takes a bit of time to deal with and get turned around. I'm giving him that time because like I said in another post, if he can't get it done, no one can. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

We can still turn this around and win the B1G West, but I'm just being real with myself and saying that's not gonna happen. I'd love to be proven wrong by the Huskers but 20 years of pain has shown me I need to protect myself and face reality. I don't think any of us really knew how bad of shape this program was left in when Riley was shown the door. Frost didn't have much to work with so that takes a bit of time to deal with and get turned around. I'm giving him that time because like I said in another post, if he can't get it done, no one can. 

I'm in the same boat as you. From 62-36 to now. It's a revolving door we can't seem to get out of. But we can't quite give up yet. The 2012 team showed they could rally. Let's see if this team has some nastiness moving forward and can put together something similar. It is not impossible. We as fans owe the players that, at least. All the tough games are at home. Everyone's got to get over themselves and put on a showcase of what home advantage is really about.

And f#&% Mike Riley.

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought Wisconsin would be Michigan easily, but I never expected them to be up 28-0 at halftime.  Wisconsin has been the most consistently dominant BIG team this year along with Ohio State.  Nebraska is going to have to beat Wisconsin in Lincoln and hope OSU can also beat Wiscy to give us any chance of capturing the West.

Regarding Michigan, I am wondering if he moves back to the NFL after this season.  His team has been underperforming all year and his seat will be getting hot.

4 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I dont' agree about Wisky.  I don't think they'll blow us out at all.

I think their D hasn't been tested yet.  This is their 3rd game and Michigan looks anemic on offense today.  I also don't think Wisky has gone up against a D that is good at all..I think Michigans D sucks...as evident by their inability to stop the run versus Army.

I think it will be a good game.  I think people forget how young we are on the OL.  I think by the time Wisky comes around...our OL will be quite fine.

I agree I think we can compete with Wisconsin and win the game but we have to play a solid game all around.  Michigan fumbled on a drive that would have tied it, then had a catch overturned that was a bad call which caused them to have to punt.  All it takes is a few things not going your way and you find yourself down big and pressing.

I am most concerned with how our Defense can stop Taylor. He is a special player and reminds me a bit of Saquon Barkley with his skillset.

• Plus1 1