Nebraska hasn't scored a point in overtime in five years - five overtimes

knapplc

Our last overtime win was against Iowa in 2014, when Tommy Armstrong found Kenny Bell in the end zone to beat the Hawkeyes.

In 2015 we lost to Miami when Armstrong was intercepted on our only offensive play.

In 2016 we lost to Wisconsin, needing a TD & an extra point to clinch the Big Ten West. Zero points.

In 2017 we lost to Northwestern. They scored a TD. We didn't.

Last year, we also lost to Northwestern. @It'sNotAFakeID has a thread about that game here

And now this year. 2019. Overtime again. Just needed a TD to win. Zero points.

Crazy stat.

But, isn't that the story of Husker Football in the past few years?  Crazy stat after crazy stat?

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

15 minutes ago, FTW said:

But we still lost. Is that the silver lining?

As soon as I saw OT, I knew we lost(I have come to accept we choke under pressure).  We didnt have a true fg kicker for god sakes and Frost then decides to have him attempt damn near 50 yarder.  Common sense alone should have told him just go for a first down, we have a better shot.

• Fire 1

10 hours ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

As soon as I saw OT, I knew we lost(I have come to accept we choke under pressure).  We didnt have a true fg kicker for god sakes and Frost then decides to have him attempt damn near 50 yarder.  Common sense alone should have told him just go for a first down, we have a better shot.

We can blame the offense all we want. We scored 31 points and lost. We know the offense stunk up the 2nd half but our defense was spent. These guys weren't used to the higher altitude either. Frost didn't prepare the team for it. He simply ignored it. Got too c$%ky, IMO and it hurt them. Hard to say it's the offense' fault when they put up 31 points and the defense allows 34 in an entire 2nd half.

5 minutes ago, FTW said:

We can blame the offense all we want. We scored 31 points and lost. We know the offense stunk up the 2nd half but our defense was spent. These guys weren't used to the higher altitude either. Frost didn't prepare the team for it. He simply ignored it. Got too c$%ky, IMO and it hurt them. Hard to say it's the offense' fault when they put up 31 points and the defense allows 34 in an entire 2nd half.

Oh i agree with ya but at the same time our D can't be out on the field non stop like they were in that altitude.  Had we done something on the second series or 3rd rather than going 3 and out, maybe the flea flicker never happens.  Maybe 2 extremly blatant holds dont get completely ignored on the next 2 TD's for CU.  Maybe we don't shoot outselves in the foot once we finally get going and grab a 15 yard penalty to kill the drive.  It's the same crap, different day, new coaches. 

The Curse of Black Friday. Been saying it for years. Since Black Friday, 2001, Nebraska has been utterly irrelevant in college football. The Curse came full circle to present it's ugly face in Boulder, once again, nearly 18 years later. 

People said I was crazy. 'We aren't cursed! Pelini just has to get the right guys! Pelini just needs to replace Papuchis! There's no curse, that's crazy talk!' 

No, there is a curse. The Curse of Black Friday. 

14-37, 10-40, Barney Cotton (the Real Big Red), Lord INT vs texas, Steve Pederson, Bill Callahan, Southern Miss, 10-70, O'Hanlon brain fart vs VT, Kunalic kickoff out of bounds, :01, 13-20 (crazy drops in that game), TMart hurt, 6-9, 17-20 after leading 17-0 (familiar),  31-70, 408, Eichorst, Riley, 45-55 to pitiful Purdue, 3-62, 10-40, All of 2017, 0-6 to start 2018, now. This is the tip of the iceberg.

You're thinking 'The Curse of Black Friday isn't a thing. Stop trying to make it a thing.' 

Oh, but it is. The worst part is I'm not sure how or when it'll be broken; what will need to be done to appease the Football Gods so they will lift this dreadful curse...

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, Jeremy said:

The Curse of Black Friday. Been saying it for years. Since Black Friday, 2001, Nebraska has been utterly irrelevant in college football. The Curse came full circle to present it's ugly face in Boulder, once again, nearly 18 years later. 

People said I was crazy. 'We aren't cursed! Pelini just has to get the right guys! Pelini just needs to replace Papuchis! There's no curse, that's crazy talk!' 

No, there is a curse. The Curse of Black Friday. 

14-37, 10-40, Barney Cotton (the Real Big Red), Lord INT vs texas, Steve Pederson, Bill Callahan, Southern Miss, 10-70, O'Hanlon brain fart vs VT, Kunalic kickoff out of bounds, :01, 13-20 (crazy drops in that game), TMart hurt, 6-9, 17-20 after leading 17-0 (familiar),  31-70, 408, Eichorst, Riley, 45-55 to pitiful Purdue, 3-62, 10-40, All of 2017, 0-6 to start 2018, now. This is the tip of the iceberg.

You're thinking 'The Curse of Black Friday isn't a thing. Stop trying to make it a thing.' 

Oh, but it is. The worst part is I'm not sure how or when it'll be broken; what will need to be done to appease the Football Gods so they will lift this dreadful curse...

Where was the curse on Alex Henry’s field goal against CU? Or Suh’s INT? No curse.