We are who we are

51 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

We lost it sucks, but remember how much we all wanted the season to start.  Theres still plenty of good football to be had.  We can still have fun this season, Frost is the man he will get it turned around.  Lets try to keep our heads up husker nation.  

tenor.gif?itemid=5614796

I’m as disappointed as the next fan but I also remember so many of us pledging back during the Frost Mega Thread that we would give Scott a chance. So let’s give him a chance. 

• Plus1 4

Yes Frost has to work for us long term.  I think he will but this thing is still a major work in progress.  As many have pointed out we have not established an OL that we need to consistently win.  We may need to think about getting some young guys reps there like Benhart. Is Mills really 220 lbs?  He looks smaller than that.  

• Plus1 2

You want the truth... you can’t handle the truth.

The reason for optimism was 4 wins???

Say the name of those teams out loud to yourself again.

Minnesota 

Bethune Cookman

illinois

Michigan St.  horrible offense.

You think the season ahead will be fun?   

The rest of the season will test the culture tremendously.  I pray it doesn’t fall apart.

6 wins will be a miracle!

Im pretty sure during the Pelini years we had some teams come out flat but we ended up winning 8 or 9 games those seasons.  I think it was the year we lost to VA Tech at home.  Im not trying to be mr sunshine here, i just realized last night that the Martinez Heisman Hype machine is done and now we are kicked out of the top 25.  We are honestly where a 4-8 team should of been after last years performance.  We can still pull it together and have a great year.  Maybe not a NC run or even a trip to Indy, but we can still have  good season and get these guys some much needed reps.  The future is always bleak after the first loss (especially colorado) but there light at the end of the tunnel.

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, RedSavage said:

Just quit f#&%ing hyping us up with all the bulls#!t every f#&%ing year.  I can’t stand this anymore.  Either we’re worth a s#!t or we aren’t.  A little bit of honesty would be much appreciated.  

Newspapers, websites and tv needs to make money to pay the bills and we are gullible enough to eat it up every year. It will continue.

• Plus1 2
26 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

Newspapers, websites and tv needs to make money to pay the bills and we are gullible enough to eat it up every year. It will continue.

This. Plus Husker fans and message board posters are among the worst at believing all the hype BS. 

I know you love your team, but please use your brains people. 

5 hours ago, SFW said:

You want the truth... you can’t handle the truth.

The reason for optimism was 4 wins???

Say the name of those teams out loud to yourself again.

Minnesota 

Bethune Cookman

illinois

Michigan St.  horrible offense.

You think the season ahead will be fun?   

The rest of the season will test the culture tremendously.  I pray it doesn’t fall apart.

6 wins will be a miracle!

Excellent post. Nothing about last season should have given anyone reason to predict 9-10 wins in 2019. Sure, there was improvement, but we had ZERO good wins last year. I feel like dumb for predicting 8 wins. Now I’m praying for 6. I guess Moos was right. Six wins and a bowl game is expected. 

Before the season, I tried to say that we need to be okay with 7-5 and a lot of people on here called me crazy.

Super young offensive line and unproven defense. Blocking and tackling folks, that's what it's about, and for more than half the game, we didn't do either. 6-6 and bowl game. Get that, and it's progress. If you can't stomach that, jump off the bandwagon, because Frost is here for 7 years, and I'm okay with that.

Stay the course, recruit, and condition better. Firing coaches is what got us into this mess. (Yes, Riley should have been fired. Before that.) 

• Plus1 1