Faint Hope

I admire your ability to drink the kool-aid, but this team won't be winning anything of substance this year. This team has both personnel and systemic issues that won't be solved overnight, or in a week, or in-season. 

This is going to take longer than any of us hoped. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
12 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I admire your ability to drink the kool-aid, but this team won't be winning anything of substance this year. This team has both personnel and systemic issues that won't be solved overnight, or in a week, or in-season. 

This is going to take longer than any of us hoped. 

Frost knew what he was doing asking for 7 years guaranteed.  he came into a sh!t show.  He does not appear to be the type of guy who would throw kids under the bus, but I am sure he feels us lacking in areas and realized it would be a complete rebuild.  We are much stronger compared to our selves, but maybe not as compared to other teams...We have a long way to go.  I tempered my expectations (tried) going into the season, but can't help but think the team, staff and fans bought into the hype.  USA showed issues and CU ripped the band-aid off.....

I think last night, or I hope it was, a humbling experience for Frost.  I hope he goes back and re-evaluates his schemes, system and coaching.  I hope re recognizes that there is nothing wrong with tweaking things.  Whether this is in players, scheme, coaching responsibilities etc.  We got out played and out coached in that game.  Everyone needs to learn from that (top to bottom) adjust and move on.  

• Fire 2

One could invoke bad karma for Frost playing Washington who is formally charged with a felony. Almost every other university has a rule that playing sports is a privilege, not a right and if charged with a felony the player is suspended until the case works its way through the justice system.

Do we want to go back to the days when a player like Phillips was allowed to play after assaulting his girl friend in the most violent way?

The university should be more than the football team.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Skeptic said:

One could invoke bad karma for Frost playing Washington who is formally charged with a felony. Almost every other university has a rule that playing sports is a privilege, not a right and if charged with a felony the player is suspended until the case works its way through the justice system.

Do we want to go back to the days when a player like Phillips was allowed to play after assaulting his girl friend in the most violent way?

The university should be more than the football team.

Examples?

• Plus1 1

According to the newspapers I read on line a few years ago multiple players were suspended from the MN football team and some were expelled after a young woman claimed to be sexually assaulted. That was a Title1X case that never made it to the courts because the DA did not file charges. Some players eventually were reinstated.

Just this year a wide receiver from WI was charged with sexual assault. He was suspended and dismissed from the school and team in a Title 1X hearing.. It took almost a year for the case to come to court. After only 30 minutes the jury said not guilty.

Then he was reinstated to the school and the team.

26 minutes ago, Skeptic said:

According to the newspapers I read on line a few years ago multiple players were suspended from the MN football team and some were expelled after a young woman claimed to be sexually assaulted. That was a Title1X case that never made it to the courts because the DA did not file charges. Some players eventually were reinstated.

Just this year a wide receiver from WI was charged with sexual assault. He was suspended and dismissed from the school and team in a Title 1X hearing.. It took almost a year for the case to come to court. After only 30 minutes the jury said not guilty.

Then he was reinstated to the school and the team.

Being accused of sexual assualt is much different than Maurices situation. If I remember correctly they had video evidence on the Minnesota player. We have 2 players indefinitely suspended right now, rumor is title IX so Frost is doing that for them. I promise you Maurice wouldn't have sat out more than 3 games anywhere else.

• Plus1 1

Washington is charged, not just accused. A DA has found there is enough evidence of a felony, I believe possesion of child poronography, that he is willing to go to court.

You can promise what you want but provide evidence what university where a player charged with a felony with a court date is still allowed to play, excepting NE of course.

3 minutes ago, Skeptic said:

Washington is charged, not just accused. A DA has found there is enough evidence of a felony, I believe possesion of child poronography, that he is willing to go to court.

You can promise what you want but provide evidence what university where a player charged with a felony with a court date is still allowed to play, excepting NE of course.

There is already a thread for this. Maybe go talk about it there......

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Skeptic said:

Jamies Winston comes to mind.