we're not that bad...

BoSolich

12 minutes ago, Comish said:

A bit surprised at the number of fans jumping ship after one frustrating road OT loss.....

I think it's about the fashion in which we lost.  We were so dominant in the first half and then seemed like we were lost in the second half.  Also the opponent doesn't help the sting of the loss.  I'm sure after next week cooler heads will prevail (hopefully).  

• Plus1 4

40 minutes ago, CheeseHusker said:

I'm trying to look at the first half separate from the second. I mean, it happened.... that has to count for something.

Obviously the trick is maintaining that amount of focus, intensity, and conditioning for a longer period of time.

The question really is which was the anomoly. If the second half was then this team has the talent and ability we all dreamed of in the preseason. If the first half was the anomoly then we are looking at a frustrating season ahead. 

I'm of the mindset that the second half was the anomoly, but the season will bear that out. 

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

The question really is which was the anomoly. If the second half was then this team has the talent and ability we all dreamed of in the preseason. If the first half was the anomoly then we are looking at a frustrating season ahead. 

I think if you include the performance in game one, you will have the unfortunate answer.

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I'm of the mindset that the second half was the anomoly, but the season will bear that out. 

You could almost look at the entire last year the same way. Are we the 0-6 part or the 4-2 part at the end?

I think we obviously were hoping for one to win out over the other.... instead we saw both of them in the same game.

1 minute ago, lincoln84 said:

I think if you include the performance in game one, you will have the unfortunate answer.

The first game of the year and an OT loss on the road to a rival is not really enough to say that for sure. If we get the same result next weekend at home we might know. 

2 minutes ago, CheeseHusker said:

You could almost look at the entire last year the same way. Are we the 0-6 part or the 4-2 part at the end?

I think we obviously were hoping for one to win out over the other.... instead we saw both of them in the same game.

Yes we definitely saw both, but the team should improve over time. So the 4-2 or leading 17-0 team is there and it should win out over time.