we're not that bad...

BoSolich

56 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Eventually you are what your record is. Back to back 4-8 seasons, like 8 straight road loses, haven't beaten a rival in how long? Not saying they can't or wont improve but this team isn't very good. 

I agree and the 14 point favorite makes me nervous to bet on NU. CUs defense isn’t a world beater and NIU is salty. IMO Frost doesn’t have the tools this year to make his O go. Can he adapt to what he has? Get to a bowl should be the goal this year, but I don’t see it. Hard to flip a losing culture. 

33 minutes ago, KCBuc said:

I agree and the 14 point favorite makes me nervous to bet on NU. CUs defense isn’t a world beater and NIU is salty. IMO Frost doesn’t have the tools this year to make his O go. Can he adapt to what he has? Get to a bowl should be the goal this year, but I don’t see it. Hard to flip a losing culture. 

not really frosts fault though. you can't recruit a full team with 2 recruiting cycles. he deserves more time to add talent. martinez and washington are a nice start to build off of.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BoSolich said:

not really frosts fault though. you can't recruit a full team with 2 recruiting cycles. he deserves more time to add talent. martinez and washington are a nice start to build off of.

A full team no. But the media always mentions how quickly he turned over the roster. Is a guy recruited by riley automatically bad as well? A lot of these guys have had just as much time with this staff as the other. It shouldn't take a coach as qualified as we all think frost is 4 classes to spank bad sun belt teams and not piss away two games to Colorado. 

• Plus1 1
32 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

A full team no. But the media always mentions how quickly he turned over the roster. Is a guy recruited by riley automatically bad as well? A lot of these guys have had just as much time with this staff as the other. It shouldn't take a coach as qualified as we all think frost is 4 classes to spank bad sun belt teams and not piss away two games to Colorado. 

Ab-so-freaking-lutely!  I agree 100%. (I am still all in on SF). I thought he learned some hard lessons last year. I imagine this will sting much more for him and be a catalyst for better things to come. 

• Fire 1
6 hours ago, WildBillMoos said:

We are a .500 team. Punchin' tickets to the nobody-cares bowl. Might match up against Chip Jelly there. 

I'm disappointed in you. You had the right vibe to your content when you first made your account but you've gone completely downhill when you started getting serious (and when you posted in the shed).

GTFO.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, lincoln84 said:

Ab-so-freaking-lutely!  I agree 100%. (I am still all in on SF). I thought he learned some hard lessons last year. I imagine this will sting much more for him and be a catalyst for better things to come. 

But if I asked you who starts at left guard, you probably wouldn't be able to comment off the top of your head on it being a sophomore walk-on.

That's what Frost inherited. And when we're talking about the lines, the turnover can take a while.

This is why I tried so hard to convey that the 2017 UCF season was both a blessing and a curse for us. The situation down there was just drastically different. The Kool-Aid guzzlers wanted to disagree because, well, Kool-Aid. But it's different.

Scott will get this sorted out and we'll be beating the f*** out of Wisconsin in a couple seasons.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, KCBuc said:

I disagree with this.  He seemed to make his offense go at UCF within 2 years using players he recruited.  

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Undone said:

But if I asked you who starts at left guard, you probably wouldn't be able to comment off the top of your head on it being a sophomore walk-on.

That's what Frost inherited. And when we're talking about the lines, the turnover can take a while.

This is why I tried so hard to convey that the 2017 UCF season was both a blessing and a curse for us. The situation down there was just drastically different. The Kool-Aid guzzlers wanted to disagree because, well, Kool-Aid. But it's different.

Scott will get this sorted out and we'll be beating the f*** out of Wisconsin in a couple seasons.

But how is it different? I don't disagree that this takes time, but I don't understand why people think UCF was so different. They didn't have a bunch of talent compared to their conference. Other teams were out recruiting them when Frost got there. They were averaging .82 rated players so its hard to say they had more talent than we do currently. USA is worse than any team in the AAC and Colorado isn't super competition so the tougher schedule doesn't play thus far. Again, I'm not saying I was expecting those results, but at the same time I don't understand what is so much different.

• Fire 1
9 hours ago, Undone said:

I agree. Not a lot of people realize how much of a crap job Riley truly did. He left the program with some offensive lineman that probably wouldn't make 2nd or 3rd string at other P5 schools. 

• Plus1 1