we're not that bad...

BoSolich

On 9/8/2019 at 8:29 PM, BoSolich said:

not really frosts fault though. you can't recruit a full team with 2 recruiting cycles. he deserves more time to add talent. martinez and washington are a nice start to build off of.

Wasn’t saying get rid of him. NU just has a severe shortage of talent to make the offense go. He was handed a mess by hip hip hooray guy. 

On 9/9/2019 at 6:57 AM, Stumpy1 said:

I disagree with this.  He seemed to make his offense go at UCF within 2 years using players he recruited.  

Then if talent isn’t the issue. Why is the offense sputtering? I say he’s missing an offensive line, rb, and wr on one side of the ball to do the things he wants to do. 

• Plus1 1

Returning receivers from 2018: the main reason we should be using Stoll and Allen 

JD Speilman 818 yards, 8 TD

Mike Williams 122 yards, 0 TD

Kade Warner 95 yards, 0 TD

Our #2 WR is a true freshman who primarily played RB in HS

Our #3 WR is a grad transfer who was hurt and played sparingly last season at Cal

• Plus1 2

41 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Returning receivers from 2018: the main reason we should be using Stoll and Allen 

JD Speilman 818 yards, 8 TD

Mike Williams 122 yards, 0 TD

Kade Warner 95 yards, 0 TD

Our #2 WR is a true freshman who primarily played RB in HS

Our #3 WR is a grad transfer who was hurt and played sparingly last season at Cal

+1, man. This has to be a factor. 

I do think Adrian is missing check-down guys, but last year he threw downfield pretty well. To me it seemed like Morgan drew some of the heat off for JD to get open and sometimes vice versa. 

Frost just needs to keep dialing up the right scheme, though.

14 minutes ago, Undone said:

+1, man. This has to be a factor. 

I do think Adrian is missing check-down guys, but last year he threw downfield pretty well. To me it seemed like Morgan drew some of the heat off for JD to get open and sometimes vice versa. 

Frost just needs to keep dialing up the right scheme, though.

Morgan wasn't a burner, but man he just seemed to make plays. And, I agree that AM threw downfield well last year. I would like to get an overhead view (like watching it live) of the first 2 games to see how the receivers are spaced and see how many open guys AM is truly missing. We could see on TV in game 1 that AM missed several open guys, but I'm not sure how many he missed vs CU. The TEs should be able  to find some room to operate even when teams are using these 8 man coverage zones against us. I'm not sure what has AM unsure in the pocket, but that has to be high on the list of things to fix for The Staff. It will be hard to be successful on Offense if Frost dials up the right plays to get guys open, and AM can't pull the trigger to hit the open guy.........

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, KCBuc said:

Then if talent isn’t the issue. Why is the offense sputtering? I say he’s missing an offensive line, rb, and wr on one side of the ball to do the things he wants to do. 

Lets compare his 2017 UCF team to 2019 NU team from a player perspective and you can decide.

Milton was a So. in 2017,  AM is a So. now  (Frost recruited both)

Killins was a So. in 2017,  Washington is a So. now  (Frost recruited both)

Smith  was a Rs. Jr in 2017,  Speilman is a Tr. Jr now  (Frost didn't recruit either)

The Oline is a little different as UCF had 2 Sr linemen,  2 Jr linemen and a So. with 4 of them starting the previous year and the 5th playing in all 13 games as a backup. 

1 hour ago, Jarhead In Red said:

Morgan wasn't a burner, but man he just seemed to make plays. And, I agree that AM threw downfield well last year. I would like to get an overhead view (like watching it live) of the first 2 games to see how the receivers are spaced and see how many open guys AM is truly missing. We could see on TV in game 1 that AM missed several open guys, but I'm not sure how many he missed vs CU. The TEs should be able  to find some room to operate even when teams are using these 8 man coverage zones against us. I'm not sure what has AM unsure in the pocket, but that has to be high on the list of things to fix for The Staff. It will be hard to be successful on Offense if Frost dials up the right plays to get guys open, and AM can't pull the trigger to hit the open guy.........

I'd like to see the overhead too and then also know his progressions. Guys may be coming open, but if Adrian has already moved past him it's hard to come back outside of the oh no scramble mode.

Also, if teams are dropping 8 men into coverage and rushing 3 then our OL needs to be neutralizing those 3 and AM should eat them up on the ground. 8 men in coverage should be a disaster for a defense against a QB with AM's ability to run.

• Plus1 2
39 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I'd like to see the overhead too and then also know his progressions. Guys may be coming open, but if Adrian has already moved past him it's hard to come back outside of the oh no scramble mode.

Also, if teams are dropping 8 men into coverage and rushing 3 then our OL needs to be neutralizing those 3 and AM should eat them up on the ground. 8 men in coverage should be a disaster for a defense against a QB with AM's ability to run.

He looks like he is definitely looking to pass and not run IMO which is good and bad for me at least.  A) I definitely like when he runs as he can be a terror for a defense who's playing pass however B) he's the main component of our offense so there's always the worry he gets hurt again.  I know that's football but we are incredibly inexperienced at QB behind him and he's been hurt once already.

• Plus1 1

31 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Very true about AM running the ball. He should be able to eat them alive with the run when they rush 3. He needs to be quicker with his progressions, and then pull the ball down and hit the jets when there isn't anyone open. But, he's holding the ball too long many times. And, I noticed CU was able to pressure AM using 3 guys on a few occasions, mostly using stunts or delayed action...

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Jarhead In Red said:

Very true about AM running the ball. He should be able to eat them alive with the run when they rush 3. He needs to be quicker with his progressions, and then pull the ball down and hit the jets when there isn't anyone open. But, he's holding the ball too long many times. And, I noticed CU was able to pressure AM using 3 guys on a few occasions, mostly using stunts or delayed action...

Ya I noticed this too. No team should ever get pressure with 3 guys regardless of delayed stunts, twists, jumps, flies, or cartwheels. You have 5 guys to block 3 if they get pressure someone screwed up royally.

• Fire 1
6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That might explain why we're not a top 5 team, but it doesn't explain why we continue to lose to teams we consistenly out-recruit.

This.  Some of you act like we were playing teams that are obviously more talented than us, in which case the talent excuse is valid.  We were playing freaking South Alabama and CU.  I'll say it louder for those in the back:  THEY DO NOT HAVE MORE TALENT THAN US.

• Plus1 1