THE Solution for the Husker Offense

3 hours ago, Thurston from Pender said:

It is now blindingly obvious that the head coach and his offensive coordinator don’t know how to call plays. Who knows how to do the job better?

We do! The fan base!

Speaking for myself as a former Pendragon, I clearly know more than Scott Frost. And all you former 8 man and Class C stars do too. We are all experts.

My system uses the wisdom of the crowds. See, e.g., Malcom Gladwell (Gladwell, however,  is not from Malcom. He’s from Bassett. Attended Holy Cross church.) 

Each week the fan base votes on the first 20 plays. Then during the games, we vote on the plays in real time via Twitter. 

The Huskers will never lose another game.

This is a sure thing.

Skip twitter - I say direct communication to AM's helmet.   

10NefYp.gif

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I love this idea! It never goes wrong when we have the internet make decisions. Sure we might end up with a play called Inside RunnyMcRunFace, But I love it!

Thank you!  I was trying to come up with a name for my statue of liberty into a flea flicker reverse play.  It's a humdinger (another good name) of a play.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Thurston from Pender said:

Each week the fan base votes on the first 20 plays. Then during the games, we vote on the plays in real time via Twitter. 

This is going to work! We just need to get our "expert" playbook out to the team in advance so they can practice up for what's coming. For one... we need to have the Bounce Rooskie in there!

Bounce_Rooskie.gif

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Your comment about Frost being in love with slinging it all around wasn't accurate.

Your comments about the run game having major problems (and creativity might be part of it) was accurate.

I was simply pointing out a part of your post that wasn't accurate.  Frost wants to run the ball and he DOES run the ball.  He doesn't just "sling it from sideline to sideline" without trying to run it.  It's just not working right now and part of it is because of creativity in what you said.

I just remember A LOT of bad run plays out of those 46 rushes. A couple just somebody had to spring a block or two and they could have resulted in some huge gains. Too many guys missing assignments. Not just the offensive line either. Receivers and tight ends are missing blocks. A lot of guys flat out whiffing. That's what I'm ticked off most about. I think because we were getting 2-3 yards a run, Frost tried to be aggressive by throwing it in the beginning of the 2nd half and that backfired.

I guess I just want to see more efficient/productive runs as opposed to let's run it just because of down and distance. What they've been doing offensively so far through 2 games is going to get them crushed in conference play. I just hope they have a good week of practice and can take some of their anger out (FOR 4 QUARTERS) on Northern Illinois.

20 hours ago, FTW said:

The problem is the run game. There's zero creativity. It's like SF has forgotten himself. He's too in love with slinging it around sideline to sideline hoping JD or Wan'Dale will turn it into a glorified 25-50 yard run play. Where's the guard pulls? Where's the power formations from the shotgun? Do we have any veer/belly option plays? Counters? Draws? Screens?

We didn't see any of that. It's like they despise the run game and we just go inside/outside zones all game long hoping speed is enough. You can't always get away with that and it showed against both USA and CU. They had no answer for stunts and delayed blitzes. This is 2 weeks now of this BS. They've got to start looking at themselves in the mirror.

Maybe what worked at UCF won't work here. Maybe it's time to tweak their scheme a bit and start doing basic concepts kids are familiar with back in high school. While we do miss Morgan, Ozigbo, and a couple offensive linemen, there's no excuse. Players run out of eligibility, they have to find a way to reload and get better with what they have.

Really disappointed in the offensive performance through 2 games. The defense hasn't been consistent enough to compliment the offense either. It's like whenever we force a turnover on defense, our offensive staff craps the bed because they got caught off guard while thinking about what plays they'll call 3-4 plays in advance.

This.  These plays negate what CU was doing in the 2nd half.  Makes them slow their aggressive D play calling and pay for blitzing.  We did none of this.  I am still waiting for the Husker Power part of Frost's vision to catch up with the "speed".   

I urge my fellow true blue Husker fans to spread my idea. Tell your friends. Call in to talk shows. 

I predict that no later than the Iowa game that my idea is adopted by Scott.  Scott knows the power of Husker Nation. We are, after all, the Greatest Fans in College Football. Our greatness extends to our collective football knowledge. 

When you talk this up, be sure to mention the science and technology aspect of this. 

New wrinkle. 

The Athletic Department needs to run this (duh!) and charge for it. What would you pay for the knowledge that your input was directly contributing to Husker wins? I'd pay about $100. I think at least 100,000 fans would pay $100 too. 

What to do with at least $10m  a year gross? 

According to the OWH, our facilities (especially the Cook Pavilion) are no longer the best. We lag Purdue in the Big Ten.  Purdue! Horror of horrors. 

Uncle Moose was reported to be working on something. 

I say the $10m goes toward the new indoor practice facility and it is named after us! The Greatest Fans in College Football Indoor Practice Facility. 

This idea has lots of power. Tell your friends and relatives. 

12 minutes ago, Thurston from Pender said:

New wrinkle. 

The Athletic Department needs to run this (duh!) and charge for it. What would you pay for the knowledge that your input was directly contributing to Husker wins? I'd pay about $100. I think at least 100,000 fans would pay $100 too. 

What to do with at least $10m  a year gross? 

According to the OWH, our facilities (especially the Cook Pavilion) are no longer the best. We lag Purdue in the Big Ten.  Purdue! Horror of horrors. 

Uncle Moose was reported to be working on something. 

I say the $10m goes toward the new indoor practice facility and it is named after us! The Greatest Fans in College Football Indoor Practice Facility. 

This idea has lots of power. Tell your friends and relatives. 

If we're so flipping horrible, find another fan base that doesn't have any expectations for their team, or doesn't get upset when their beloved team blows a 17 point lead to lose in egg-in-your-face fashion. Maybe find a team and fan base that allows a rival to come in and completely take over their stadium. 

Yeah, you'd fit right in as a CU Buff, Mr. Holier-Than-Thou.