THE Solution for the Husker Offense

33 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

If we're so flipping horrible, find another fan base that doesn't have any expectations for their team, or doesn't get upset when their beloved team blows a 17 point lead to lose in egg-in-your-face fashion. Maybe find a team and fan base that allows a rival to come in and completely take over their stadium. 

Yeah, you'd fit right in as a CU Buff, Mr. Holier-Than-Thou.

I for one think this thread is hilarious

2 hours ago, Thurston from Pender said:

Jeremy

What are you talking about? I'm trying to help OUR team. Harness the passion of the fan base and use science and technology in order to win and build a new indoor practice facility. What's wrong with that? 

Is there something in the Cozad water? 

Yes, there is probably something in the water here. 

We're not the best fans ever, but we're not THAT bad. Some consternation should be expected after yet ANOTHER overtime loss.

Just now, Husker in WI said:

I think you may be taking this suggestion a little more seriously than anyone else in the thread.

No, what I'm getting is Thurston thinks all the arm-chair QB's are deplorable and don't have any right second-guessing a coaching staff that blew a 17-0 lead and gave up 24 points in one quarter.

Frost is our guy, and isn't going anywhere for a long time, but no coach is above criticism when a few mistakes were blatantly obvious.

Apparently I have not made myself clear. Let me try again. 

What has made Nebraska football great? What will make Nebraska football great again? Us! The fan base. We are the greatest - and most knowledgeable - fans in all of college football. It says so right on Memorial Stadium. It is carved in stone. It has to be true. Are the Ten Commandants true? They are carved in stone. 

The reading assignment for the class here consists of two books. Fortunately, they were both written by UNL alums. The first book is "The Wisdom of Crowds"  by James Surowiecki. Jimmy was a Phi Delt but we still became friends. He's a good man from North Platte; St. Pat's grad. 

The other book is "Blink" by Malcom Gladwell. As previously noted, Malcom is from Bassett and not Malcom. 

These two books establish that a large group of smart and experienced people instantly know the right answer. We, the fan base, can collectively call the right play at the right time using Twitter. 

Both books available at the Pender Public Library!

Scott and the dozen assistant coaches  can do what they do best: recruit and drill the players at practice. Division of labor and specialization is the modern way. (Aside. How Bob and Tom did all that they did is a mystery to me.) 

Dr. Tom is not coming out of retirement. The fan base calling plays is the next best solution.

And, of course, if this idea is implemented it raises millions for the new indoor practice facility: The Greatest Fans in College Football Indoor Practice Facility. 

Uncle Moose will give me Skybox tickets for life once this thing gets going. 

15 hours ago, Thurston from Pender said:

New wrinkle. 

The Athletic Department needs to run this (duh!) and charge for it. What would you pay for the knowledge that your input was directly contributing to Husker wins? I'd pay about $100. I think at least 100,000 fans would pay $100 too. 

What to do with at least $10m  a year gross? 

According to the OWH, our facilities (especially the Cook Pavilion) are no longer the best. We lag Purdue in the Big Ten.  Purdue! Horror of horrors. 

Uncle Moose was reported to be working on something. 

I say the $10m goes toward the new indoor practice facility and it is named after us! The Greatest Fans in College Football Indoor Practice Facility. 

This idea has lots of power. Tell your friends and relatives. 

Unfortunately this plan may have to wait until 2020 until the good fellows from Pender and the like have their tarriff relief payments paid in full so they have two nickels to rub together to give to the cause. 

As you watch the game on Saturday, consider in your mind's eye how the play YOU would have called would have worked out. Then compare that to the play the coaches called and ran. 

After this Saturday, it will be clear that Thurston's solution is the ONLY solution to making the Huskers great again. 

I believe in the science of the wisdom of the crowds. One hundred thousand passionate and experienced Husker fans know best. 

3 hours ago, Thurston from Pender said:

As you watch the game on Saturday, consider in your mind's eye how the play YOU would have called would have worked out. Then compare that to the play the coaches called and ran. 

After this Saturday, it will be clear that Thurston's solution is the ONLY solution to making the Huskers great again. 

I believe in the science of the wisdom of the crowds. One hundred thousand passionate and experienced Husker fans know best. 

I'm not so sure it matters how clever/good the plays are that get called.  It's the same guys.  A play that surprises the other team's D now and then becomes old hat by the 3rd quarter.