Troy walters?

4 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

How was Greg Austin as a player? I followed the team then but never really saw him stand out. 

Well, he was recruited by Frank Solich, mostly played for Callahan and was one of the best guys on the OL in that 2006 group that won the Big XII North Division Championship. In his final game, we fell just short of beating Auburn in the 2007 Cotton Bowl, 17-14. I don't think he got a look to go pro but was part of Chip Kelly's Eagles staff.

On 9/9/2019 at 10:50 AM, n.e.husker said:

I like washington better at receiver  or as a receiving threat.

its too bad we need him in the backfield though he always tries to bounce plays outside instead of taking the straight ahead yardage.

Yeah, he reminds me of Thunder Collins a bit too much. He had great speed, but if he went inside, you couldn't help but cringe. That's why they had Dahrran Diedrick. He pretty much did it all. Like Kenny Wilson, Brandon Jackson, Rex Burkhead, Roy Helu, Ameer Abdullah, Devine Ozigbo.

They need a guy who can do it all. Some posters have mentioned Mills needs more carries. I agree. I think labeling him as a short yardage back is counter productive. If he's tearing it up in practice, turn him loose in the games. Ozigbo ran with it when they turned him loose.

Mills will find his holes. I bet on that. 

What i I liked was his 20 yd reception. He snagged that ball and was north/south in a hurry! He needs to catch a few so teams can’t just hone in on him running the ball btwn the tackles. 

Too predictable when Washington is in..we run “this”

When Mills is in we run “that”. 

I think draws and screens is what we need whoever is in the backfield. Let them charge, get our guys in space. 

• Plus1 1