Northern Illinois Week Pressers

Mavric

We are officially Press Conference U

Say all the right things but can’t back it up. 

We have a captain that’s been here for 3 years and hasn’t learned not to let up in games? Same said captain says the “gut punch” loss to Colorado might be what this team needs. Like beating USA by 14 points wasn’t enough to motivate this team to work harder? 

This is the type of sh#t that really frustrates me

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

Sounds like Coach Frost is just as baffled as the fans are when asked about getting the ball to different receivers. He doesn't sound too thrilled with our running game, either. Quite honestly, all the talk is just talk. I understand it's a press conference but everybody (coaches & players) keep saying the same stuff.

Coach says we were doing everything right offensively and defensively except late in the third and entire fourth quarter (pretty obvious). Sounds like he's making this about effort and mental mistakes. If true and if they can correct that then a decisive W for NU should happen this Saturday. I mean... Frost says we're way better than we were last year? I guess we'll see? He's kinda starting to sound like Callahan, lol.

3 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

We have a captain that’s been here for 3 years and hasn’t learned not to let up in games? Same said captain says the “gut punch” loss to Colorado might be what this team needs. Like beating USA by 14 points wasn’t enough to motivate this team to work harder? 

I mean I get it - but if you don't want to hear the talk until you see it on the field, the press conference thread on Monday after a loss may not be the place to be.

• Plus1 6
5 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

Talk is cheap. You know that. I know that. We all know that. We've been through that ringer for 20+ years. 

28 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I mean I get it - but if you don't want to hear the talk until you see it on the field, the press conference thread on Monday after a loss may not be the place to be.

We heard the same talking points last Monday....after a 14 point “win” over South Alabama

But hey they had another great Monday practice am I right?!?!?

• Plus1 1
40 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

What would you have them say at a press conference after a loss?  

"We suck and we're not going to get any better"?

"We might as well quit trying because our season is over now"?

"I just hope we can win a couple games sometime this year"?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, FTW said:

Sounds like Coach Frost is just as baffled as the fans are when asked about getting the ball to different receivers. He doesn't sound too thrilled with our running game, either. Quite honestly, all the talk is just talk. I understand it's a press conference but everybody (coaches & players) keep saying the same stuff.

Coach says we were doing everything right offensively and defensively except late in the third and entire fourth quarter (pretty obvious). Sounds like he's making this about effort and mental mistakes. If true and if they can correct that then a decisive W for NU should happen this Saturday. I mean... Frost says we're way better than we were last year? I guess we'll see? He's kinda starting to sound like Callahan, lol.

If we start hearing Mike Riley quotes out of Frost I may start losing hope. Like "We are building something special, I really believe that" 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

Did anyone follow up and ask Frost to expand upon why he decided to leave the game in the hands of a backup kicker who had never kicked in a game before and not trust his hand picked qb?  Because that’s the thing I keep coming back to that’s just straight up baffling. 

After the game he said he didn't know which odds were better, the 48 yard field goal or 4th and 14 or whatever it was. Gut was the field goal, and I would bet the odds of a D1 punter making a field goal that long are better than converting a 4th and 14+. The fact that it was an absolutely terrible kick makes it look worse, but I guarantee Armstrong can make a kick from that distance.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

Did anyone follow up and ask Frost to expand upon why he decided to leave the game in the hands of a backup kicker who had never kicked in a game before and not trust his hand picked qb?  Because that’s the thing I keep coming back to that’s just straight up baffling. 

But, his hand picked QB just took a sack to make the field goal much, much harder, so I can understand how Frost might be a little unsure about which choice was best. The field goal was then a long shot, but the odds of converting 4th and 14 can't be terribly good....

• Plus1 1