Colorado Rewatch

BIG ERN

1st Half

Bootle - easy missed tackle on the sidelines

Jaimes - got beat bad off the jump where Mills could of had a decent run 

Barry/Ferguson - not good in space 

Martinez - fumbled the ball by squaring up on the defender 

Farniok - got beat for a Mills inside run 

Offense was pretty sound overall. AM, Mo, and JD played well. 

Defense did a great job all half. Chin mixed up the calls and we were aggressive 

2nd Half

Jackson and Dismuke missed tackle on the sidelines 

Dismuke missed tackle 

Jackson not taking on a blocker 

Honas with a big whiff

Sullivan missed tackle for TD (17-7)

Illegal block stalled the drive for us next series 

Flea flicker where Taylor got caught looking in the backfield and missed the midfield tackle (17-14). Was a little odd such a delayed blitz by Dismuke on the backed against the goal line 

Eric Lee way out of position for a big pass play 

Bulldozed on the next run for a TD (24-21)

Martinez held onto the ball too long and fumbled. Short field. FG (24-24)

Wandale with a big drop that would have gone to at least midfield 

Flag on Frost? and then intentional grounding killed the drive 

Taylor massive whiff on the sidelines 

Montez with a money throw over Jackson (31-31)

Low snap by Jurgens and AM was sacked. Basically ball game 

I have to say the game wasn't as bad watching it back even though it still stings. I thought overall our OL played alright. The defense wasn't bad until the end with some massive plays given up. Barry did not have a good game. Our DBs had a bad game in regards to tackling. Outside of two blown coverages they did a good job there. D line played pretty damn good and I liked what I saw from Alex Davis and Collin Miller at times. Mo Washington had a hell of a football game. 

Nothing worse than out playing a team for almost all game and still end up losing. I feel we are better than last year and will bounce back. Frost wasn't overly conservative as I recall watching live outside of the two OT play calls. 

• Plus1 5

There was a lot of over-pursuit that caused missed tackles in the second half. This to me again flies in the face of this narrative that "the players just didn't want it" or "they think it's in the bag because they're Nebraska." 

The missed tackles were a huge part of the loss, but I still just can't pin this one on the defense. I put it on Frost for the offensive failings in the first part of the third quarter.

• Plus1 3

3 minutes ago, Landlord said:

The game wasn't as bad as it seemed except for the stretch to start the second half (and end the second half I guess):

Timeout to avoid delay of games

Punt
Punt

Punt

Punt

1 Play Score (no defense rest)

Fumble

Score

Fumble

Interception

Missed FG

Please mention a post is NSFW before posting it. This made my eyes hurt.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

The game wasn't as bad as it seemed except for the stretch to start the second half (and end the second half I guess):

Timeout to avoid delay of games

Punt
Punt

Punt

Punt

1 Play Score (no defense rest)

Fumble

Score

Fumble

Interception

Missed FG

When you go back and watch those plays, it's just little things here and there that cost us drives. That's why I would agree with OP that it wasn't that bad.

This narrative that Frost was out coached is just stupid. Yeah, his play selection in OT wasn't good, but CU started making plays they hadn't been and we started missing on plays we had been making. It's just odd. The only thing you can really point to as a reason we lost is turnovers, and unfortunately that's a lot on #2... And I don't feel like he should shoulder all the blame.

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

This narrative that Frost was out coached is just stupid. Yeah, his play selection in OT wasn't good, but CU started making plays they hadn't been and we started missing on plays we had been making. It's just odd.

Yep.

I'm a broken record here but what I see in those possessions where we punted so many times in a row in the 3rd quarter was going away from 1st & 2nd down plays where we worked the ball to the outside as quickly as possible. That isn't being out-coached, but it's confusing.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Undone said:

Yep.

I'm a broken record here but what I see in those possessions where we punted so many times in a row in the 3rd quarter was going away from 1st & 2nd down plays where we worked the ball to the outside as quickly as possible. That isn't being out-coached, but it's confusing.

It's crazy because you could see where Frost had setup his RPOs and other plays based off his first half constraint plays, but when they were called in the 2nd half we missed.

• Plus1 1