Colorado Rewatch

BIG ERN

27 minutes ago, Redux said:

Stop me if you've heard this:

"We are better than we played!"

"We will bounce back from this!"

"We outplayed them but beat ourselves"

"Next year is where it comes together"

I give up.  I thought it was bad going to and losing 3 conference title games in 4 years.  Didn't realize how bad it would be only making 1 bowl game in 4 years (at this rate).

Same, bro. I, too, am wallowing in this pit of despair. I'll keep watching, but it's tough when you always expect crap. And then you get crap. 

I won't quit supporting them if you won't. Sticking together in all kinds of weather and all that. 

36 minutes ago, Redux said:

I give up.  I thought it was bad going to and losing 3 conference title games in 4 years.  Didn't realize how bad it would be only making 1 bowl game in 4 years (at this rate).

I mean it's better than "their practices must be a blood bath!" and "you can see the strain!" Or the coach claiming "I've done an excellent job in all areas" after a losing season. Absolutely frustrating, but I've heard worse things. 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Redux said:

Stop.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

So I watched the game again.  Lamar Jackson who I haven't been a fan of in 3 yrs had his best half of football in the first half saturday.  He looked like he was on the take in the second half.  Especially the 3rd quarter.  Probably the worst I've seen him play and thats saying a lot.  If I had to blame one person for CU's first score it would he him.  

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Same, bro. I, too, am wallowing in this pit of despair. I'll keep watching, but it's tough when you always expect crap. And then you get crap. 

I won't quit supporting them if you won't. Sticking together in all kinds of weather and all that. 

Never, always will.  Bleeding red is the only way.  But a crap product is a crap product.  Finding silver linings and moral victories got tiresome over the last 3 regime's.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

So I watched the game again.  Lamar Jackson who I haven't been a fan of in 3 yrs had his best half of football in the first half saturday.  He looked like he was on the take in the second half.  Especially the 3rd quarter.  Probably the worst I've seen him play and thats saying a lot.  If I had to blame one person for CU's first score it would he him.  

The third quarter defense didn’t lose the game. 

5 hours ago, TheSker said:

This is really the core of our offensive issues right now.

Only one position on offense has a senior starter right now (Noa -or- Williams, both seniors). Out of 29 spots on the offensive depth chart for this week, only 4 are seniors, and 7 juniors. In other words, almost 2/3 of the guys on the offensive depth chart are underclassmen.

4 hours ago, ZRod said:

Last year's line: SO, SR, SR, SR, SO

This year's line: JR, SO, RFR, JR, JR

I mentioned this elsewhere, but those three seniors anchoring the lines last year were originally Bo's recruits. Now we have zero seniors on the OL depth chart, and a handful of junior Riley recruits, ie guys who were mainly recruited just for pass blocking.

• Plus1 2

15 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Pretty bold considering he wasn't even on the field when they scored it. I realize you might be taking about missed tackles earlier, but he was far from the only guy missing tackles. 

10 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Pretty bold considering he wasn't even on the field when they scored it. I realize you might be taking about missed tackles earlier, but he was far from the only guy missing tackles. 

Wasnt even about missed tackles which he had but that reciever manhandled him on more than one play and his effort didn't seem there.  They went to his side quite a bit and he was making everyone elses job harder 

20 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Wasnt even about missed tackles which he had but that reciever manhandled him on more than one play and his effort didn't seem there.  They went to his side quite a bit and he was making everyone elses job harder 

I mean I'm not arguing that he played particularly well in the second half, but there's a lot of blame to go around. Unless a guy completely blows an assignment on the TD itself or a potential drive-ending play that leads to a TD, I just don't see how he (or any specific player) are the one to blame. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I must be a masochist because I watched the offense one more time keying on our walk-on left guard. 

He isnt the problem. 

In the Colorado game, you're definitely correct. But he didn't play well against South Alabama.

The right side of the line struggled more against the Buffaloes.