Colorado Rewatch

BIG ERN

2 hours ago, TheSker said:

Doesn't trust the OL right now?

I think this may be part of it and he gets Happy feet. 

2 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

These open guys also might be his last reads, it's not like he can magically see the whole field and jump straight to the open man. But you're right, it seems like he spends a long time locked on to one guy and any of the things you listed could be why. I would think film study and experience will help.

Might go hand in hand with the coaches comment about looking for the perfect play too - if he expects a certain receiver to be open on the play, that would make him a little slower to move on to the next read. 

Ya it super hard to know if he made it to these reads or what the play was. However he seems to hold the ball too long and lock in on a receiver like you said. 

It's probably time to just let this game go, but I was talking to my father in law who was at the game. He said in the second half guys were on oxygen after each drive. They used so much they had to bring out refill cannisters. I know these guys don't want to blame fatigue and good for them, but I think it played a pretty big role. This weekend may show how much of one. 

2 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

It's probably time to just let this game go, but I was talking to my father in law who was at the game. He said in the second half guys were on oxygen after each drive. They used so much they had to bring out refill cannisters. I know these guys don't want to blame fatigue and good for them, but I think it played a pretty big role. This weekend may show how much of one. 

I just watched it again and didn't realize just how much time the D was on the field in the first half.  NU didn't even get the ball until about the 7 minute mark in the first quarter.

It's not the end all, but it is a bit bigger deal than most realize.

Source:  I live at elevation. Some people even get sick just visiting us at 5/6 thousand feet. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I just watched it again and didn't realize just how much time the D was on the field in the first half.  NU didn't even get the ball until about the 7 minute mark in the first quarter.

It's not the end all, but it is a bit bigger deal than most realize.

Source:  I live at elevation. Some people even get sick just visiting us at 5/6 thousand feet. 

Yup I agree. I grew up at 4,000 ft and I can remember us playing towns at 6,000 ft and feeling the impact it had. Coming from 1,000 to 6 or 7,000 whatever Boulder is huge. Not the end all be all like you said a good team has to overcome it. 

10 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

That is exactly what I saw. After the 3rd three and out. I just knew the defense would get fatigued. Maybe that is what we witnessed. I also saw a lot of tapping helmets with their hands. That was another sign for me that they were tired.