The Bo Pelini Curse

Mavric

3 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

Liked Bo and still do, hell I still follow him on twitter. 

I said it then and still stand firm to it today, you don’t fire a coach who never had a losing record.

That decision doesn’t fully fall on Eichorst but the Regents as well. Same thing can be said with Solich firing. 

What happens when things flatline?   What if the coaches don’t take measures to correct their shortcomings.

32 minutes ago, OH HSKR FAN said:

Bo got a lot of breaks.  A generational player in Suh, a Hail Mary, week schedules, opponents in transition, etc.

His tenure looks a lot different and possibly shorter otherwise.

Bo beat Clemson Dabo, Colorado, Oklahoma, Missouri, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State (on the reg). 

It will be a longgggg time before Nebraska beats Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State.

2 minutes ago, PhillyHusker said:

Bo beat Clemson Dabo, Colorado, Oklahoma, Missouri, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State (on the reg). 

It will be a longgggg time before Nebraska beats Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State.

I know the 28th seems like it's a long ways away, but it's just a few weeks!

image.png.326c703cb08c1af28d43a9266bba579c.png

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, PhillyHusker said:

A lot of those aforementioned wins were against watered down versions of those teams.

There is no Bo Pelini curse. It really started with losing Texas at home in 2006. Next year it was getting crushed by USC.

15 years of "Nebraska is back"  talk.  At some point, you are what you are.

And really, Nebraska hasn't had a big win since getting crushed at Colorado in 2001.

The media is part of the problem.  

Calling Johnny Stanton "Nebraska's Johnny Football" is part of the damn problem. We put players and coaches on pedestals they haven't earned. We drink this damn Koolaid summer after summer. 

Johnny Stanton.jpg_large

6 minutes ago, PhillyHusker said:

There is no Bo Pelini curse. It really started with losing Texas at home in 2006. Next year it was getting crushed by USC.

15 years of "Nebraska is back"  talk.  At some point, you are what you are.

And really, Nebraska hasn't had a big win since getting crushed at Colorado in 2001.

The media is part of the problem.  

So while I don't want to call it a course per se, I would say there was a marked change in the program under Pelini after the A&M fiasco.  But you're dead on with the rest.  The program has become a lot like how a lot of folks mock Notre Dame- especially before Brian Kelly really turned things around.  There's a lot of hype due to the name but not so much on field success.

• Thanks 1