ISU gameday

twostep80

1 minute ago, twostep80 said:

So no one wants to talk about how Iowa St is getting college gameday?   Kinda feels like another kick in the balls after the CU game.  Not that Nebraska has really deserved one in the last 15 years.

I think it is awesome for them!  I also like the Game Day is sort of going to new and different places.

• Plus1 2

That is very exciting for Iowa State fans.  My friends there are really pumped, yes- it is a kick in the shorts...Still a small chance we get it (College Game Day)  for Ohio State game...we went from 100% (with a win in Colorado) to 40% (guessing)...

8 hours ago, Street Novelist said:

Iowa State - Iowa is getting Game Day? Why? 

Where else would gameday go? It's a good matchup, Iowa is only favored by 2 at the moment. Bonus points for rivalry, even if it's one not many people care about. This would have been in Syracuse if they didn't get demolished by Maryland, and might have been at UCF if Stanford didn't get crushed by USC. It's not a bad choice in a pretty weak lineup of games.

It was Iowa States biggest moment in their history and the way they blew it was comedy.

Add in this nugget to top it off:

"In the last 10 years in College Football, teams that had gained 7.7 yards per play or more and allowed 4.3 yards per play or less were 498-1.

Make that 498-2. Iowa State was one of those two losses on Saturday, Sep 14. Memphis against Navy, last year, was the other."