Just a little patience

walksalone

It's 14 games in to SF's hopefully storied return to the homeland, and I think some fans need to take a breath.  There's lot to be done before this program is something to be reckoned with.

But sadly, it's not gonna happen over night.  It's gonna take a few years, some heartbreaking losses, and some tremendous victories, but it's gonna take time.  

Our fanbase has been waiting to say, "we're back" for 20 years, and we've been close a couple times, only to come up short.  At other times we've collectively felt like K State fans, and I don't think I need say anything else about that.

I'm sure SF has a vision for this team, but he needs the right pieces to execute it, and that's gonna take time.  I have faith that we're gonna get back where we need to be. 

• Plus1 6

7 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I'm fine to wait, and fine to be confused why Nebraska is so special that we have to wait so much longer than everyone else who comes back from hard times. 

Well there’s hard times and then there is the gauntlet of horrors we’ve been in for about 20 years. Pretty much a perfect storm of program and culture destruction. It might take more than 14 games or 2 seasons.

• Plus1 2

I haven’t heard anyone say that Frost is out of time or has a pitchfork ready (and you won’t hear it from me either). But I also don’t fault any fan who’s sick of being told to wait, because god knows we’ve been told that pretty consistently. And it’s especially hard this time because of the way this staff came in, on a roll and ready to call their shot. 

I think on the whole everyone is fine with giving Frost time. But it’s undeniable that a lot of folks worry about the script they’ve been told before. First they’re told to wait, then they’re told it’s close, then they’re reminded about how long it took others.....

Then they’re told they expect too much. 

Its going to a very interesting season. What happens next and how Frost reacts with his staff will be very telling. 

• Plus1 3

6 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

I haven’t heard anyone say that Frost is out of time or has a pitchfork ready (and you won’t hear it from me either). But I also don’t fault any fan who’s sick of being told to wait, because god knows we’ve been told that pretty constantly. And it’s especially hard this time because of the way this staff came in, on a roll and ready to call their shot. 

I think on the whole everyone is fine with giving Frost time. But it’s undeniable that a lot of folks worry about the script they’ve been told before. First they’re told to wait, then they’re told it’s close, then they’re reminded about how long it took others.....

Then they’re told they expect too much. 

Its going to a very interesting season. What happens next and how Frost reacts with his staff will be very telling. 

I’m as tired of waiting as anyone. But the smoke that got blown up our asses for Callahan and Pelini and Riley shouldn’t be on the current staff. It’s totally on you or whoever if you’re getting overly impatient with Frost. I realize some of the sunshine that has been pumped about progress, gains, readiness can be a little frustrating but this deal didn’t get as effed up as it was in only two years. There’s been real tangible improvement but it isn’t going to be extremely quick or painless or without some short term regressions. People need to relax a bit.

• Plus1 2
17 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I’m as tired of waiting as anyone. But the smoke that got blown up our asses for Callahan and Pelini and Riley shouldn’t be on the current staff. It’s totally on you or whoever if you’re getting overly impatient with Frost. I realize some of the sunshine that has been pumped about progress, gains, readiness can be a little frustrating but this deal didn’t get as effed up as it was in only two years. There’s been real tangible improvement but it isn’t going to be extremely quick or painless or without some short term regressions. People need to relax a bit.

Theres been plenty of smoke blown by this staff and the AD. Some of it comes with the territory and some of it was absolutely unnecessary. 

Like I say, no one is ready to jump ship yet but you can’t be shocked at people upset over the way last week went. And if things don’t get right against NIU, after a loss to a middling at best PAC 12 team and and uninspired win against a Sun Belt team, a lot of people are going to start thinking about 2017 again. 

A dominant effort is just what this program needs this Saturday. Here’s hoping it’s coming 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

This is almost exactly what I was going to say. 

It's almost if it'd been better if SF had gone a respectable 10-2, instead of running the table.  

Also it might have been better had we not been ranked.

Husker fans collectively haven't had the best couple of decades, and now any glimmer of hope is looked upon as this program coming back...

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

Theres been plenty of smoke blown by this staff and the AD. Some of it comes with the territory and some of it was absolutely unnecessary. 

Like I say, no one is ready to jump ship yet but you can’t be shocked at people upset over the way last week went. And if things don’t get right against NIU, after a loss to a middling at best PAC 12 team and and uninspired win against a Sun Belt team, a lot of people or going to start thinking about 2017 again. 

A dominant effort is just what this program needs this Saturday. Here’s hoping it’s coming 

Hey if it makes you feel better to imagine there’s a whole bunch of people who share your BS way of looking at it and all the pissing and moaning, don’t let me stop you. I mean you’re not alone but imo that’s not a good thing.

6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Hey if it makes you feel better to imagine there’s a whole bunch of people who share your BS way of looking at it and all the pissing and moaning, don’t let me stop you. I mean you’re not alone but imo that’s not a good thing.

It comes with the territory. People have been waiting a long time to be successful. 

26 minutes ago, walksalone said:

This is almost exactly what I was going to say. 

It's almost if it'd been better if SF had gone a respectable 10-2, instead of running the table.  

Also it might have been better had we not been ranked.

Husker fans collectively haven't had the best couple of decades, and now any glimmer of hope is looked upon as this program coming back...

I'm glad we were ranked.  It shows that the pollsters were more delusional than the fans.  Many on here thought being ranked was premature/generous.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I agree with this.

Saturday's loss was awful and struck a nerve with Husker Nation. That being said, I'm in it for the long haul. I'd much rather give Scott a lifetime contract and watch this thing play out for 20 years than hop on the coaching carousel  5 times in the next 2 decades.

If we can't get this thing figured out with Scott, then I'm not sure we ever will.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1