Just a little patience

walksalone

32 minutes ago, walksalone said:

While true, their fans are no different from us, they just want their team to be good

I’d argue Nebraska fans are way different. Especially the younger ones. 

The next time I see fans of the schools you mention spend 20 years in the dark, yet still sell out the home stadium, travel to other stadiums and take them over, and thirst for information so badly the local media has to conjure up stories in March about the team, I’ll let you know. 

This fanbase may have been spoiled, but you have to admit it’s unique. And deserving of a winner. 

And is tired of being told “tomorrow”

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, The Maudfather said:

I agree with this.

Saturday's loss was awful and struck a nerve with Husker Nation. That being said, I'm in it for the long haul. I'd much rather give Scott a lifetime contract and watch this thing play out for 20 years than hop on the coaching carousel  5 times in the next 2 decades.

If we can't get this thing figured out with Scott, then I'm not sure we ever will.

I’m pretty sure Frost himself wouldn’t agree with this. 

1 minute ago, CapoValley said:

I’d argue Nebraska fans are way different. Especially the younger ones. 

The next time I see fans of the schools you mention spend 20 years in the dark, yet still sell out the home stadium, travel to other stadiums and take them over, and thirst for information so badly the local media has to conjure up stories in March about the team, I’ll let you know. 

This is fanbase May have been spoiled, but I have to admit it’s unique. And deserving of winner. 

And is is tired of being told “tomorrow”

Well, those that are sick of "tomorrow" can probably find a comfy spot on the bandwagon of the current flavor of the week...

I'm happy with what we have, and optimistic to see where it'll go

Just now, walksalone said:

Well, those that are sick of "tomorrow" can probably find a comfy spot on the bandwagon of the current flavor of the week...

I'm happy with what we have, and optimistic to see where it'll go

Pretty sure they’re tired of hearing that too. It’s pretty clear where the average Nebraska fans allegiance lie

I said when Frost was hired he was first and foremost the guy for the job.  The prodigal son returning home.  Who if couldn't turn NU around, we would never see glory again.  I also said he inherited a dumpster fire of a program.  A great program that languished in mediocrity longer than their counterparts.  I said I would give him time and I will.  (as much as we are all b!tching, most will)

That doesn't mean he is free of criticism.  Doesn't means he's above being questioned.  And I don't think this is what @walksalone meant with the OP.

I'm disappointed that in year 2 the O seems to have regressed.  Loss of talent or not.  That Martinez seems shell shocked and lost at times.  That a veteran coach in Frost still makes mistakes with timeout's, play calling etc....

I'm hoping that the CU loss really forces some soul searching in the team.  The "we coasted" comments.  Develop a killer instinct.  I hope the staff does some soul searching as it relates to scheme, play calling and that all important identity.  I remember several years ago, and even recently, Frost talked about Oregon speed with Husker Power.  I see a lot (recruiting speed), but I have yet to see the power.  Imposing your physical will on a team.  Owning the LOS on both sides.  Getting tough yards.  Winning on the road.  Scoring in OT etc.....I'm hoping we can add an actual power run component capable of getting yards.  Frost said he wants a running back playing QB.  So do I. And a RB playing RB.  

Frost will get us there. One thing that presser after CU told me was that we were further down than Frost had anticipated.  I'm holding out hopes that we live up to some of the pre-season hype.  Gotta out in the work....

This team is still having to learn lessons the hard way.  The lesson from USA was that you can't take anyone lightly.  The lesson from CO is you can't ever let up (should have learned vs. Northwestern last year but this team has more overconfidence.  The lesson from both games is that the reason the defense was doing so much better in practice this year is that they are better, but the offense is not as good.  They clearly miss Ozigbo, Farmer and Foster.  The national media oversold Nebraska based largely on the UCF turnaround.  The Nebraska turnaround is harder because the switch from Pelini to Riley was a bad transition, to some extent like the switch at Kansas from Mangino to Gill, though I don't think Pelini relied as heavily on shame and intimidation as Mangino did.  But going from that to the nice guy you guys just do what is right coach can be a receipe for disaster.   Anyway 

UCF 4 seasons before Frost takes over:

10-4, 9-4, 12-1, 0-12

Nebraska:

9-4, 6-7, 9-4, 4-8

NFL draft choices (rounds selected) three prior years and Frost 1st year.

UCF 

6th, 7th

1st, 7th

1st, 4th
3rd

Frost 2nd year

1st, 3rd, 3rd, 5th

Nebraska 3 prior and Frost 1st

3rd, 3rd, 4th, 6th; 

5th

6th

No draft choices

Frost 2nd year

??  We shall see.

I think you could argue he inherited more talent at UCF and played a less difficult schedule.  

Moos wanted to see the team go at least 6-6 and reach a bowl.  Maybe he wasn't just trying to downplay expectations 

17 minutes ago, The Maudfather said:

I agree with this.

Saturday's loss was awful and struck a nerve with Husker Nation. That being said, I'm in it for the long haul. I'd much rather give Scott a lifetime contract and watch this thing play out for 20 years than hop on the coaching carousel  5 times in the next 2 decades.

If we can't get this thing figured out with Scott, then I'm not sure we ever will.

I think there is merit to this statement.  As frustrated as many have been...I'd sign him for 25 years, material success incentives, and make it a top per-year $ contract annually.

He is the guy.  There is no question.  If NIU beats us by 28, Scott is the guy.  I am an ardent believer some of his asst staff will not be in it for a long haul...and some involuntarily told they need to find a new home. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

I think there is merit to this statement.  As frustrated as many have been...I'd sign him for 25 years, material success incentives, and make it a top per-year $ contract annually.

He is the guy.  There is no question.  If NIU beats us by 28, Scott is the guy.  I am an ardent believer some of his asst staff will not be in it for a long haul...and some involuntarily told they need to find a new home. 

I wonder if this is part of the "depressed" Frost in the presser.  Knowing some of his staff need to step up or step out.  Just stressed across the board ie team, loss, staff etc

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

I'm fine to wait, and fine to be confused why Nebraska is so special that we have to wait so much longer than everyone else who comes back from hard times. 

Minnesota has more national championships than Nebraska, and they've been waiting about 60 years since their last one, and over 50 since their last conference championship.

*grumbles about knap beating him to posting that video*

• Plus1 1