Just a little patience

walksalone

There is a whole generation of fans that grew up not knowing anything more than what we see nowadays  which is a team that gets way too much hype and has not anything going on the 3rd decade now.  How do you get them excited?  How do you usher in the next generation of donors and boosters when all they have known is being mediocre?  Honestly, we are far far far from being in any “back” discussion.

12 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

There is a whole generation of fans that grew up not knowing anything more than what we see nowadays  which is a team that gets way too much hype and has not anything going on the 3rd decade now.  How do you get them excited?  How do you usher in the next generation of donors and boosters when all they have known is being mediocre?  Honestly, we are far far far from being in any “back” discussion.

I know how you don’t, giving a coach a 20 year contract when he’s yet to establish any sort of yardstick. 

1 minute ago, Landlord said:

I don't know how to tell you this, but until we actually win anything worthwhile on any sort of a semi-consistent basis, we are Minnesota. We have been since at least Dec 2, 2012.

Fair. But we have more resources and money to fight our way out than Minnesota has had in their time in the desert. 

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

I don't know how to tell you this, but until we actually win anything worthwhile on any sort of a semi-consistent basis, we are Minnesota. We have been since at least Dec 2, 2012.

After this year, we might be worse. I don't even think NIU is going to be easy. Maryland looks tough. Iowa is Iowa. Ohio State hasn't skipped a beat with a new QB, and Illinois isn't a gimme game either. Feels like I'm living in bizzarro world after jumping on the hype train in the off season.

There is some concern, this team does not look like the team that ended last season (last six games).  I don't know if it is the loss of the seniors last year, the opponents coaches finding holes in our game plan and our coaches not having adjusted for them or the team is just putting too much pressure on themselves to have a second season like Frost did at UCF.  My guess is it may be all of it.  Hopefully things get turned around now that we have our first loss and there is no need to try to exceed the 2nd year UCF expectations.  They need to get back to having fun and right now, they don't look like they are having any.

• Plus1 1

If I'm Frost I

1. Quit talking about practice 
  2. Quit talking about weight lifting
  3. Quit talking about becoming the old Nebraska 

Just do you. Spread the ball to your playmakers. Take some chances on defense. Realize that the D line is the strong point so make sure to use them. We are thin at safety. Let AM make some mistakes in the passing game. Lets gooooooo

• Plus1 1

I think Frost knows how to build a top ten team, given time. 

T O inherited a lot better team when he took over. He was almost let go in the lates 70's. It came down to winning the Bluebonnet Bowl, as far as what I can remember. What would have happened if that came to be. 

Frost just needs a couple more recruiting classes, to build what we all want, a B1G championship caliber team that is in the hunt for a title most years. Frost inherited a very down and out bunch of kids that wanted to win, but just didn't have the coaching to do it.

The younger fans don't know what the glory years looked like, so I understand their frustration. Of course they have a right to ask if Frost is the right guy, just not in the second year two games in. Maybe in 4-5 yrs I could see their concern, if the staff can't get it turned around. 

We have the right coach imho, just let it play out.

GBR!!!

8 hours ago, lincoln84 said:

It seems that the most patient people are the ones who invest very little money with the program. Doesn’t mean you are less of a fan, just less invested I suppose. 

Actually it seems the most patient people are the most reasonable and realistic fans and also the least likely to be douchebags that somehow think the number of games they go to or the amount of money they spend has jacksh#t to do with what kind of fan they are.

• Plus1 2