Just a little patience

walksalone

9 hours ago, Landlord said:

I don't know how to tell you this, but until we actually win anything worthwhile on any sort of a semi-consistent basis, we are Minnesota. We have been since at least Dec 2, 2012.

No we aren't. We are more like Tennessee than anything. Don't make me pull out the statistics.

9 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

If I'm Frost I

1. Quit talking about practice 
  2. Quit talking about weight lifting
  3. Quit talking about becoming the old Nebraska 

Just do you. Spread the ball to your playmakers. Take some chances on defense. Realize that the D line is the strong point so make sure to use them. We are thin at safety. Let AM make some mistakes in the passing game. Lets gooooooo

You realize Frost has to talk to the media 3 plus times a week right? What is he going to talk about, the weather?

First; nice to see you have returned Walks! 

But, how dare you come in and share a level headed response, which is what is needed from all fans, in times like this, rather than tearing down the team and staff. Yes, we have had 20 years of chaos, which no one wants, but Capo, you’re wrong if you haven’t read post, of fans saying Frost is on the hot seat, (or similar suggestion) which is just pure ignorance, IMO. 

Lincoln 84; your statement about how people who are less invested (attendance or $), are more patient than those who vest more in the program, is a fallacy. I have been a donor and season ticket holder for a long while, and those who have sit around me, are also of the same mindset, that we are in this for the long haul. SF, is doing things right, across thee board, and will be given time, to build this. Will it get us to a NCG? Who the hell knows, but we believe he is the right coach, for “all” the right reasons. 

Our kids took it on the chin last weekend, it hurt us as fans and hopefully hurt all of our players and coaches. I can’t tell you how they will react, but naturally would think it would 

A) Fuel the fire.

or 

B) Haunt them. 

It’s on the players and coaches to make their own road map. These kids are not the Huskers of the 90s, or even last year. Their slate started this season, and the results won’t be because they have a “N” on their helmet, it will be based on their efforts and talent. SF will bring in more talent in the coming years, we just need (as walks stated), to allow him some time. I believe he is the right coach, and if our fan base is so fragile, that they push him out the door, I can tell you, we would seal our fate for the duration of CFB, as we know it today. 

13 hours ago, Landlord said:

I'm fine to wait, and fine to be confused why Nebraska is so special that we have to wait so much longer than everyone else who comes back from hard times. 

I'm late to the party here, but an interesting thought popped into head after this comment...

Would it be at all fair to compare NU post Riley to OSU post Riley? Anderson was seen as a decent coach at the time, so it might not be that crazy of a window to look through and see how we are fairing.

2015: 2-10

2016: 4-8

2017: 1-5 before he left

It's not entirely apples to apples, but it will be interesting to see how this year plays out. Knowing that we hung with some tough teams last season and we have a young group of guys this year.

15 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I'm late to the party here, but an interesting thought popped into head after this comment...

Would it be at all fair to compare NU post Riley to OSU post Riley? Anderson was seen as a decent coach at the time, so it might not be that crazy of a window to look through and see how we are fairing.

2015: 2-10

2016: 4-8

2017: 1-5 before he left

It's not entirely apples to apples, but it will be interesting to see how this year plays out. Knowing that we hung with some tough teams last season and we have a young group of guys this year.

Mike Riley knows the only good way to build a program is to burn it to the ground first. The ashes are good fertilizer. 

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, ZRod said:

So what you are saying is, not only does Mike Riley suck, but he sucks so bad that whenever he leaves a place, it is left beyond repair.

He trashed Nebraska so badly that a great coach like Scott Frost can't fix it.

He trashed Oregon State so badly that a good coach like Gary Anderson couldn't fix it.

He trashed  the San Diego Chargers so badly that a good coach like Marty Schottenheimer went 12-20 his first two years afterward.

The first time Riley left Oregon State...Dennis Erickson is the only coach in the world who was able to have success following Riley.

So in other words, @ZRod wants NU to hire Dennis Erickson.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

12 hours ago, The Maudfather said:

I agree with this.

Saturday's loss was awful and struck a nerve with Husker Nation. That being said, I'm in it for the long haul. I'd much rather give Scott a lifetime contract and watch this thing play out for 20 years than hop on the coaching carousel  5 times in the next 2 decades.

If we can't get this thing figured out with Scott, then I'm not sure we ever will.

One thing about the 'struck a nerve' --  it means we still care and that the program is still worth caring about.  Pity the team in which noone really cares..  Even after 20 years, we still care and still believe we will once again be relevant and compete for championships.   Pity the once mighty Minnesota football program for example- now it is a shrug of the shoulders.  Many decades ago they won championships. Now it take it or leave it. 

9 minutes ago, Ulty said:

So what you are saying is, not only does Mike Riley suck, but he sucks so bad that whenever he leaves a place, it is left beyond repair.

He trashed Nebraska so badly that a great coach like Scott Frost can't fix it.

He trashed Oregon State so badly that a good coach like Gary Anderson couldn't fix it.

He trashed  the San Diego Chargers so badly that a good coach like Marty Schottenheimer went 12-20 his first two years afterward.

The first time Riley left Oregon State...Dennis Erickson is the only coach in the world who was able to have success following Riley.

So in other words, @ZRod wants NU to hire Dennis Erickson.

1000% yes, Mike Riley sucks and he sucks bad. This cannot be overstated.

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Actually it seems the most patient people are the most reasonable and realistic fans and also the least likely to be douchebags that somehow think the number of games they go to or the amount of money they spend has jacksh#t to do with what kind of fan they are.

You should go to some games, bro. You seem very uptight. 

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Whats you think?  Projections:

Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl
Amon G. Carter Stadium, Fort Worth, Texas
Jan. 4, 11:30 a.m., ESPN

Bonagura: Nebraska vs. Fresno State
Schlabach: Nebraska vs. Utah State

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27569957/college-football-bowl-projections-week-2

I would selfishly be fine with this. I'm local to the area. 

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, lincoln84 said:

You should go to some games, bro. You seem very uptight. 

Your original comment was a bit elitist/condescending. You have to understand that Husker Nation is pretty big; it's in all 50 states. This is an internet message board and so you've got a lot of people outside of Nebraska that post here.