Who's OUR guy? Frost's already done this.

DefenderAO

I had Maryland as a "W" prior to the start of the season.  Now I'm not that sure.  Frost deserves time, but something seems off.  And then you see Maryland....With a new HC......Pretty impressive first two games.

When Urbs talks about making three reads in the RPO, the 3 reads on passing routes (deep, middle, short) I am unsure if Martinez has that many.  Does he read too slow, do we need to simplify or do did he have more reads last year?

Really telling about talent then scheme.  Talked about having the sheet to make sure playmakers were getting the ball "X" times per game. Get them the ball in space with sweeps, quick outs etc.....Sounds a lot like our game plan.  

• Plus1 1

Frost is accumulating playmakers, but they need  the foundation of talented linemen to be the complete package. There was a point in the first half against Colorado when I was amazed at how MANY weapons the Cornhuskers had on offense: AM, Washington, Spielman, Wan’dale, Stoll. But without a line that can give the QB time to make his reads for a longer play, or to impose their will in a running play up the middle, we aren’t playing with the entire field. Having a healthy place kicker come in handy too.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, cheekygeek said:

Frost is accumulating playmakers, but they need  the foundation of talented linemen to be the complete package. There was a point in the first half against Colorado when I was amazed at how MANY weapons the Cornhuskers had on offense: AM, Washington, Spielman, Wan’dale, Stoll. But without a line that can give the QB time to make his reads for a longer play, or to impose their will in a running play up the middle, we aren’t playing with the entire field. Having a healthy place kicker come in handy too.

The Maryland out play was quick. First read. No need to get 11 players in full concert for success. No hesitation. 

Quick. Throw it. Athletes be athletes. 

My take is Adrian is not reading defenses well right now. 2nd drive 2nd half CU he’s missing people. It felt like he’d make those plays last year. 

It seems to me like completion percentage was pounded into his brain so hard that he is afraid to throw an incompletion.  It's almost like he has the yips when it comes to throwing a ball on time.  Even his touchdown to JD was after the play broke down and he was all by himself.  Combine that with happy feet and he doesn't have a chance.  He needs to get back to having "no fear of failure" and just let it rip.  I don't remember him having any timing  on time with WRs other than the one Wandale dropped and even then it was slow developing and wide open.  

9 minutes ago, STL Husker said:

It's almost like he has the yips when it comes to throwing a ball on time. 

I did notice this in the CU game.  There were at least two plays to Robinson that were open early but he didn't throw it. It's possible he wasn't checked down to him yet and he felt he had to scramble.  Another one was to a tight end off the left side that was easily defended because it was thrown too late.

Hopefully he keeps getting better and calms down.

2 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I think Lee and Taylor-Britt had some of the best looking tackles I've seen in years from anyone on defense.  Went low around the waste wrapped up and stopped the guy in his tracks.  

You must have watched a diff game. Taylor whiffed twice. Lee wasn't really out there doing much against Colorado. Dismuke had a nice tackle 

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I think Lee and Taylor-Britt had some of the best looking tackles I've seen in years from anyone on defense.  Went low around the waste wrapped up and stopped the guy in his tracks.  

I agree with this....until they got tired in the 4th quarter. 

I've thought all year that these two have been impressive in tackling.

They go low, wrap up and get the guy to the ground.  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BIG ERN said:

You must have watched a diff game. Taylor whiffed twice. Lee wasn't really out there doing much against Colorado. Dismuke had a nice tackle 

I didnt say they didn't whiff.  Everyone on defense whiffed at some point.  I just noted about 2 or 3 tackles i saw that looked how tackles should be.  Not going up high and going for a ride for 4-5 extra yards