Who's OUR guy? Frost's already done this.

DefenderAO

4 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I appreciate you speaking as to my expectations, but Frost is doing just fine.

There wouldn’t be a reason to kick the dead or threads like this if he were doing just fine. 

I never thought I’d hear those words after 5-9 start from a Nebraska coach. 

Scott has plenty of autonomy still, but he isn’t above reproach. 

1 minute ago, Redux said:

He is.....just not on the w/L column yet

But its kind of weird to judge his overall record now. What if we finish the season 10-2? This all looks stupid. What if we finish 1-11? He is the worst coach in Husker history. I mean its impossible tp judge things from here. Mike Riley was looking pretty solid 7 games into his 2nd season. I feel like we need to let the whole season play out because alot happens by the end.

• Plus1 4
6 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

But its kind of weird to judge his overall record now. What if we finish the season 10-2? This all looks stupid. What if we finish 1-11? He is the worst coach in Husker history. I mean its impossible tp judge things from here. Mike Riley was looking pretty solid 7 games into his 2nd season. I feel like we need to let the whole season play out because alot happens by the end.

Yup, it's early In the year.  They probably get better and win more games.  But it's completely fair to judge his W/L record based of the games he has coached.  It's not impressive.  I have zero doubts it improves in a big way, but thus far...yuck.

And NOOOOOOOOO Riley was not looking pretty solid 7 games into year 2.  That 7-0 record was the biggest farce I've ever seen.  I felt better about our team the year prior than I ever did during that 2nd year undefeated run.

36 minutes ago, Landlord said:

The way people make Riley out to be in an effort to excuse Frost is hilarious. You'd think there's a 500 foot tumor that was living underneath North Stadium for three years with how unbelievably powerful and destructive he apparently was. 

Meanwhile Bill Callahan was either so bad at being bad, or Bo was so good, that he was able to instill a winning culture with high expectations/results significantly faster with all of those mentally weak, culturally poisoned players.

Callahan could recruit pretty well, Bo was average, Riley was no bueno. I think we can all agree. Bo had some pretty good talent to work with when he got here, and he got some nice Juco guys to fill in holes. Things started to decline with his recruiting  and development as time passed, and nothing Riley did improved on that.

A huge thing a lot of people mentioned during the hiring process, and hasn't been talked about much now is that Frost and this staff are young. They will have growing pains too. We've seen signs of improvement, this is a young team and a young staff. It takes time.

• Plus1 1

Yup, it's early In the year.  They probably get better and win more games.  But it's completely fair to judge his W/L record based of the games he has coached.  It's not impressive.  I have zero doubts it improves in a big way, but thus far...yuck.

And NOOOOOOOOO Riley was not looking pretty solid 7 games into year 2.  That 7-0 record was the biggest farce I've ever seen.  I felt better about our team the year prior than I ever did during that 2nd year undefeated run.

Kind of a double standard there, no?

• Thanks 4

Regardless its stupid to look at W-L right now and you just proved why. Riley was 13-7 after those 7 games, better than Frost can get to if we win the next 5. But that doesn't mean jack s#!t and the rest of that season proved it. If we go 7-5 this year and lose all of them close that will be a step in the right direction. What do records mean at that point? Not a damn thing.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Redux said:

Yes, it is.  Using a guy who got fired shortly after that 7-0 run and comparing him to the guy who was hired to fix his mess is like comparing apples and hamster turds.

If you can use a measuring stick for one you can use it for the other. Or maybe your stick is broken? I think that is the problem.

• Fire 1

Remember that it will take at least four or five recruiting classes to have a complete team, as Frost said. Youth on offense and lack of depth showed up on defense last Saturday. Problem is when our fast-paced offense sputters, it puts the D on the field a lot more. Yes, for some reason, A-Mart is hesitant more this year. But it doesn’t help that our OL is not producing  holes on the inside runs — that would take some pressure off of A-Mart. Plus Mo is not an inside runner, and Mills has failed to find the cutback lanes when available. We may find that the Huskers will need Ronald T to recover quickly — possibly he has the potential to be the best all-round back. Johnson’s size indicates he will not be an inside runner either.  

1 minute ago, Pedro G said:

Remember that it will take at least four or five recruiting classes to have a complete team, as Frost said. Youth on offense and lack of depth showed up on defense last Saturday. Problem is when our fast-pace offense sputters, it puts the D on the field a lot more. Yes, for some reason, A-Mart is hesitant more this year. But it doesn’t help that our OL is not producing  holes on the inside runs — that would take some pressure off of A-Mart. Plus Mo is not an inside runner, and Mills has failed to find the cutback lanes when available. We may find that the Huskers will need Ronald T to recover quickly — possibly he has the potential to be the best all-round back. Johnson’s size indicates he will not be an inside runner either.  

If Mills can't cut it I think Thompkins sees the field alot by years end.