Who's OUR guy? Frost's already done this.

DefenderAO

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

No it doesn't because those were different circumstances..look im not gonna argue this all day. Using the first 14 game W-L record as a major metric for the direction of a program under a new coach is woefully misguided. Thats all I have to say about the matter.

All we have is 14 games!  Freaking nobody waits to pass judgement on a team or a staff until the season ends, are you freaking kidding me????  Are you new to this fanbase??  To college football???  That's why there are meaningless preseason polls on every corner, why there are daily shows on multiple networks critiquing everything, why we spend hours a day on this site!

8 minutes ago, Redux said:

All we have is 14 games!  Freaking nobody waits to pass judgement on a team or a staff until the season ends, are you freaking kidding me????  Are you new to this fanbase??  To college football???  That's why there are meaningless preseason polls on every corner, why there are daily shows on multiple networks critiquing everything, why we spend hours a day on this site!

And thus far those 14 games tell us we were better off with Mike Riley or Bill Callahan. I mean come on, that right there should tell you the record itself in that light is meaningless. If you want to give it merit go right ahead though. 

32 minutes ago, Redux said:

It's okay to admit something sucks while it sucks.  You don't have to wait for nostalgia to judge something fairly.  Or maybe I'm wrong and should go put a bunch of Boones Farm in the cellar in Hope's of having a top shelf selection some day.

It’s ok to be unhappy about the loss on Saturday and not over react and think nobody but you can see reality. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It’s ok to be unhappy about the loss on Saturday and not over react and think nobody but you can see reality. 

Good thing I'm not doing that.  I think several people are looking at it without rose colored glasses just as I am.  I'm fully aware this team will get better, even mentioned it a page ago (maybe 8 pages ago on current format).  But 2 games in we are seeing a pretty ugly pattern of shutting down in the second half.

12 minutes ago, Redux said:

Good thing I'm not doing that.  I think several people are looking at it without rose colored glasses just as I am.  I'm fully aware this team will get better, even mentioned it a page ago (maybe 8 pages ago on current format).  But 2 games in we are seeing a pretty ugly pattern of shutting down in the second half.

I stand corrected. You and a few others....

And, I don’t know one poster that doesn’t recognize the let down in the second halves. 

We just don’t need to dwell on it in every post. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I stand corrected. You and a few others....

And, I don’t know one poster that doesn’t recognize the let down in the second halves. 

We just don’t need to dwell on it in every post. 

I hope you save some of this realism for people when they get overly confident about a win.

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, TheSker said:

I appreciate you speaking as to my expectations, but Frost is doing just fine.

I don't think any of us expected Scott Frost to post the worst start in 125 years of Nebraska football, and finish with the same record that got Mike Riley fired. Maybe you weren't surprised. Can't vouch for your expectations there.

But I do recall you saying there was no excuse for Nebraska to lose to Purdue. Ever.

And that Husker fans looking for moral victories in losses to unranked opponents only proved how far we've fallen.

Just keeping you consistent, ol' chum. 

• Thanks 2
7 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I don't think any of us expected Scott Frost to post the worst start in 125 years of Nebraska football, and finish with the same record that got Mike Riley fired. Maybe you weren't surprised. Can't vouch for your expectations there.

But I do recall you saying there was no excuse for Nebraska to lose to Purdue. Ever.

And that Husker fans looking for moral victories in losses to unranked opponents only proved how far we've fallen.

Just keeping you consistent, ol' chum. 

I did not expect Frost to go 0 for 6, no.  I also didn't expect Nebraska to be leading tOSU at halftime.

So we can banter about identical 4-8 records if we like.  I suppose it's message board fun.

Purdue wasn't even Riley's worst showing.  Though I'm not sure if it was Ohio State, Penn State or Iowa.

But hey, 4-8.

I appreciate your watchful eye.

3 hours ago, Redux said:

Impossible?

4-8 in 2018, we were discussing 5.5 as the number, 2 games played in 2019, win both his record improves to 6.8.

Nope, not impossible.  Just didn't think it would take til week 3 of year two to get big win #6 of the Frost era.

Oh got it, thought you just meant in either year individually. Still, given the first years record Colorado was the first possible game to get win #6. As long as we get it this week, it's only one week off of the fastest it could be. Totally agree I didn't expect it to be this long for win #6, but I've moved on from last year and getting it in week 3 instead of week 2 isn't that crazy. 

We have more talent than Maryland, yet they are scoring like I expected us to be (or close to it).  What is the problem?  Is it mental?  I can't believe that our O-Line is worse than Marylands by that much.  I can't believe that our coaching is worse.  If we had played South Alabama or Colorado at the end of last season we would have scored over 50 on them and it wouldn't have even been close.  Seems like the players (especially Martinez) are putting too much pressure on themselves.  Hope the loss wakes them up.  

• Plus1 1