Genius posters rejoice CornNations shows CU's D adjustments

lo country

2 hours ago, Jeremy said:

CU was creative with their 2-down look, but RB Middle Screens and WR Tunnel Screens dissuade a lot of blitzing like we saw on this play. Even just throwing 4 and dropping the three LB's as deep as they did would have trouble stopping a middle screen for a first down. I remember Pelini's awesome '09 defense getting burnt more than once on tunnel screens against Leach because he sent a blitz. Pinkle destroyed us in '08 with Maclin on tunnel screens.

This is great analysis.

If Scott sees a pattern of those corner blitzes, you punish the other team in the flats or on the quick slants. You'd think that both JD and Noa would be great here on the slants.

The thing that's consistently crazy to me is that it seems like we have the roster talent on offense to score 40+ per game. Have to make good in-game adjustments as the opposing defense adjusts.

• Plus1 3

16 hours ago, Undone said:

This is great analysis.

If Scott sees a pattern of those corner blitzes, you punish the other team in the flats or on the quick slants. You'd think that both JD and Noa would be great here on the slants.

The thing that's consistently crazy to me is that it seems like we have the roster talent on offense to score 40+ per game. Have to make good in-game adjustments as the opposing defense adjusts.

Here's a question.  Did it take opposing teams an entire off season of film review to see how to adjust and stop the O?  Or Is it the perfect storm  loss of Stan, Foster and Oz, BRAND NEW center, shaky OL play etc?

I really thought, fro the dreaded pre-season hype that Noa was see a lot of touches. From reading about him, he'd be perfect to catch the quicks outs/slants into traffic.  Use the "abundance of speed" we have to stretch the defenses sideline to sideline pre-snap and take away their ability to stay in the box.  (Lack of power running game helps D's IMO)

Interesting to see how we bounce back Sat.....

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:45 AM, suh_fan93 said:

That's one way to look at it.  One could also conclude that behind AM we are thin right now at QB period.  If you just start turning him loose obviously you're taking the risk of throwing your only experienced QB and the teams best player to the wolves and hoping that he doesn't get injured.  At least that would be my strategy right now.  Run him only when you really need to.  Then again I am overly cautious when it comes to those things.

I think that would be a reasonable strategy - I may just be taking too much from the pressers.  It seems like SF wants a running QB and a guy to find ALL the targets.  AM may be more focused on the long-term future and his "status".  Again it hard to tell but that relationship seems to be different then last year.

7 hours ago, lo country said:

Here's a question.  Did it take opposing teams an entire off season of film review to see how to adjust and stop the O?  Or Is it the perfect storm  loss of Stan, Foster and Oz, BRAND NEW center, shaky OL play etc?

I really thought, fro the dreaded pre-season hype that Noa was see a lot of touches. From reading about him, he'd be perfect to catch the quicks outs/slants into traffic.  Use the "abundance of speed" we have to stretch the defenses sideline to sideline pre-snap and take away their ability to stay in the box.  (Lack of power running game helps D's IMO)

Interesting to see how we bounce back Sat.....

The line play is rough. If you have the heart for it, rewatch our games so far and focus just on the OL. IMO if you do this, you'll see why the offense isn't doing what's needed. 

To add to that, we then end up taxing our D. Given enough reps, the D is going to make mistakes, that's what happened against CU in my opinion. 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, GBRFAN said:

I think that would be a reasonable strategy - I may just be taking too much from the pressers.  It seems like SF wants a running QB and a guy to find ALL the targets.  AM may be more focused on the long-term future and his "status".  Again it hard to tell but that relationship seems to be different then last year.

If that were true, which I don't think I buy just yet,  then he should be benched.

I think this all boils down to an inexperienced o line who needs more reps before the offense can get in a rhythm.   Martinez has happy feet at the moment because of it.

Even after reading all the chicken little posts around here all week I have developed a calm before this next game.  I think it will all start clicking and they put a much better product on the field Saturday night. 

• Thanks 1
  • 5 weeks later...

20 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes....that happened and he needs to own it. 

But, when I posted that post, it hadn’t happened. 

Look, all season the entire offensive line has been crap. I was referring to the amount of times ALL season long Boe Wilson and Trent have been standing at the end of plays watching their man make the play. It’s every game this season and the interior is the weakest point right now.

• Plus1 3
24 minutes ago, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

Look, all season the entire offensive line has been crap. I was referring to the amount of times ALL season long Boe Wilson and Trent have been standing at the end of plays watching their man make the play. It’s every game this season and the interior is the weakest point right now.

No, the first two-three games, Hixson was doing a decent job.  That's when I made the post you seem to need to drag back up for what reason.....to argue about it?

What's your point?  I've said that in this game especially, he was not getting it done and was a problem.  

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

No, the first two-three games, Hixson was doing a decent job.  That's when I made the post you seem to need to drag back up for what reason.....to argue about it?

What's your point?  I've said that in this game especially, he was not getting it done and was a problem.  

Go watch the tape dude. Lot of standing around in South Alabama and Colorado.

On 9/13/2019 at 2:40 PM, runningblind said:

If that were true, which I don't think I buy just yet,  then he should be benched.

I think this all boils down to an inexperienced o line who needs more reps before the offense can get in a rhythm.   Martinez has happy feet at the moment because of it.

Even after reading all the chicken little posts around here all week I have developed a calm before this next game.  I think it will all start clicking and they put a much better product on the field Saturday night. 

I wish I could feel your positivity. I have felt that way every week so far this year. Ok this is the game we are going to start clicking. I dont feel much hope the rest of the season.

5 minutes ago, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

Go watch the tape dude. Lot of standing around in South Alabama and Colorado.

I did and that's what lead me to put this post up.  Hixson was NOT the problem in those early games.

Dude....what's your point?  Are you literally looking back through the last three months of posts to find posts to pick fights with?  Here's an idea.  Let's deal with today.  I agree with you TODAY that he hasn't got it done recently....and more specifically in this game.  I agree the middle three of our O line is a major problem.

So....are you going to go find people who liked Washington at the beginning of the season because he's been sucking lately and point it out to everyone?

Your posts on this topic serve no purpose other than to argue.  Which....is really odd when you're doing it with someone who is agreeing with you on what is going on NOW.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I did and that's what lead me to put this post up.  Hixson was NOT the problem in those early games.

Dude....what's your point?  Are you literally looking back through the last three months of posts to find posts to pick fights with?  Here's an idea.  Let's deal with today.  I agree with you TODAY that he hasn't got it done recently....and more specifically in this game.  I agree the middle three of our O line is a major problem.

So....are you going to go find people who liked Washington at the beginning of the season because he's been sucking lately and point it out to everyone?

Your posts on this topic serve no purpose other than to argue.  Which....is really odd when you're doing it with someone who is agreeing with you on what is going on NOW.

Here’s an idea, don’t assume what people think in a blanket argument. I think Mo is absolutely not the problem. We lead the B10 in sacks and penalties allowed. My assertion is our interior is the cause of it from the beginning until now. That’s it.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

Here’s an idea, don’t assume what people think in a blanket argument. I think Mo is absolutely not the problem. We lead the B10 in sacks and penalties allowed. My assertion is our interior is the cause of it from the beginning until now. That’s it.

Great.  I've said all along our O line is a problem and some in the interior was a problem.  The post you seemed to think you needed to dredge back up to make some odd point was specifically about one player that was NOT the problem in the first couple of games.  

For some reason, you seemed to think you needed to go back with an "AHHH GOTCHA" moment with my post that was a pathetic attempt.  There was no "blanket statement" by me or implied in my response to you.

Now...we agree with the issue at hand now.  Let's move on.

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Great.  I've said all along our O line is a problem and some in the interior was a problem.  The post you seemed to think you needed to dredge back up to make some odd point was specifically about one player that was NOT the problem in the first couple of games.  

For some reason, you seemed to think you needed to go back with an "AHHH GOTCHA" moment with my post that was a pathetic attempt.  There was no "blanket statement" by me or implied in my response to you.

Now...we agree with the issue at hand now.  Let's move on.

"So....are you going to go find people who liked Washington at the beginning of the season because he's been sucking lately and point it out to everyone?"
"
There was no "blanket statement" by me or implied in my response to you."

Moving along.