33 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Gray commit?

• Nebraska
    • Florida
    • Michigan
    • Texas A&M

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

While we only have 11 commits, keeping our overall team ranking low, our average is only behind Ohio State and Michigan in the B1G.  According to 247.  I'm liking the slow process here.  Feels like they're taking their time and getting exactly who they want.  

I think the slow process is very calculated.  The best recruiting tool they have is game day.  They know that and they are going to use it and hopefully it works.

• Plus1 3

I was cruising some message boards and one thing I picked up from various teams that were recruiting Gray was that he is kind of a head case.   Miami fans absolutely hate him, FSU fans don't really care and Florida fans were 50-50 on him.  The one thing they all agreed on was he is to slow to play CB (ran a 4.8 at a combine) and Florida actually wanted him at safety but he said no.  

3 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

I was cruising some message boards and one thing I picked up from various teams that were recruiting Gray was that he is kind of a head case.   Miami fans absolutely hate him, FSU fans don't really care and Florida fans were 50-50 on him.  The one thing they all agreed on was he is to slow to play CB (ran a 4.8 at a combine) and Florida actually wanted him at safety but he said no.  

Gray ran a 4.85 at the Army National Combine this January. I wouldn't read too much into that number however as it's mostly the result of his terrible 10 yard time (1.81). Almost everybody has a poor showing at this combine because it's one of the few that actually provide an accurate time. At The Opening, he ran a 4.66 because he's not a super fast guy but he's far from slow.

2 minutes ago, The_Fan_Man said:

Gray ran a 4.85 at the Army National Combine this January. I wouldn't read too much into that number however as it's mostly the result of his terrible 10 yard time (1.81). Almost everybody has a poor showing at this combine because it's one of the few that actually provide an accurate time. At The Opening, he ran a 4.66 because he's not a super fast guy but he's far from slow.

This is what I saw too. Also, I'd imagine a college strength program could boost his speed some. Also, Fisher likes guys that can cross train as Safety/CBs which he seems to fit.

As far as being a head case, I saw that his family liked NU because it got him out of Florida. Guessing there might be some people he needs to get away from there and NU offers that.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, The_Fan_Man said:

2 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

This is what I saw too. Also, I'd imagine a college strength program could boost his speed some. Also, Fisher likes guys that can cross train as Safety/CBs which he seems to fit.

As far as being a head case, I saw that his family liked NU because it got him out of Florida. Guessing there might be some people he needs to get away from there and NU offers that.

The 10 yard time is actually one of the easiest things you can improve in the 40. Improving explosion, technique, etc. Strength and conditioning will also help a ton. The thing you can't teach is top end speed. Not worried at all about this kid.

• Plus1 2

• Mavric changed the title to S Henry Gray