33 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Gray commit?

• Nebraska
    • Florida
    • Michigan
    • Texas A&M

This poll is closed to new votes

14 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't understand the point of your post either.  Are you saying Nebraska should stop recruiting nationwide due to the risk of guys transferring away from Nebraska and back home?

Nebraska has always recruited nationwide.  What made those 90s teams so amazing was the elite talent recruited from all over the country combined with elite local talent.  Nebraska has to cast a wide net to bring in better talent.  Yes, there are risks in having those kids not stay at Nebraska, but if done right, the kids love it at Nebraska and they make a significant impact.

Of course we need to recruit nationally, but everyone in Florida knew this kid's 'commitment' meant basically nothing. I'll still stick with Gifford has a better college career. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

Of course we need to recruit nationally, but everyone in Florida knew this kid's 'commitment' meant basically nothing. I'll still stick with Gifford has a better college career. 

Funny how neither you nor anyone else mentioned this at the time.

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1

12 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

It's a bummer, but we'll be fine. Continue to take full classes and continue to let TFish do his thing. 

Agree.   I have come to appreciate Coach Fisher's recruiting.  At first I was worried but he knows what he is looking for and does pretty good with projecting kids and development.  His kids always seem to improve as the year goes along.   I think he and Verduzco have an eye for talent and to what fits for the scheme.  Fisher needs to keep making progress and I think he is. 

• Plus1 1
50 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Probably nothing but he has recently followed some interesting twitter accounts including the Washington State director of player personnel. I’d cry real tears if he left us to go somewhere even further away lol.

Maybe him and Jamire Calvin are buds

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Homesickness is a real thing for a lot of people.  I almost wonder if it is something that does/should fall under a health type category.  It can be a real shock to be far from home/loved ones.

It’s definitely a factor in mental health.  Plus, mental health is so often overlooked, because there are few tangible signs of poor mental health. You can see when someone breaks their arm or tears an ACL, it’s challenging to determine if a person is depressed.  Also, there is a negative stigma to poor mental health and many people don’t seek treatment for it, which is unfortunate.