#1 Huskers vs #2 Stanford

Mavric

14 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

I dont think the 4th is going to be any better. 

Yeah, our youth and their experience really showed in the last two sets. We just aren’t close to their level at this point. They had us scrambling all night. Hopefully we can grow a lot during the remainder of the season.

I was pretty impressed with Kubik and Stivrens but we were way out of system and didn’t have much luck getting our hitters going. That Stanford Plummer girl is something....and she seemed to just be coasting tonight.

Don't sweat it.

Teams aren't crowned with anything in September. What matters is how many matches you can win in December.

We have... count them... ZERO seniors on this team.  We're not untalented. We're just inexperienced.

You don't want to face Nebraska after Thanksgiving. These Freshmen will be seasoned by a run through the Big Ten.

Nothing but positives to take from this match.

Bring on the Big Ten.

As has been mentioned before, we just don't seem to have that *great* hitter that we're used to.  We have a lot of very good pieces but not that one hammer (like Plummer).  

Perhaps someone will develop into that.  Kubik looked really good tonight.  Others aren't that far off.

We can win a lot of games because we are really good overall.  But it will be interesting to see how we can compete against the best of our schedule without a real go-to player.

6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

As has been mentioned before, we just don't seem to have that *great* hitter that we're used to.  We have a lot of very good pieces but not that one hammer (like Plummer).  

Perhaps someone will develop into that.  Kubik looked really good tonight.  Others aren't that far off.

We can win a lot of games because we are really good overall.  But it will be interesting to see how we can compete against the best of our schedule without a real go-to player.

Kubik is a next-level talent. She belongs at this level. She just needs experience.

This may not be our year. Stanford looks really, really good.

But I wouldn't want to face this Nebraska team in the tournament. December is a long way away.

Was awesome to see that kind of atmosphere last night!

Bummer about the result.Sadly you could see the end result by the 2nd set.

The Huskers have "elite" level hitters, what they are lacky right now is elite level passing. The lose of Maloney can not be under stated, and I really felt sorry for Hames last night. You hear Cook talk a lot about "in-system and out-of-system", Nebraska rarely forced Stanford out of system, but on the flip side put themselves out of system all night long.

Serve receive will be a major focus in practice the next 10 days.

Always a bummer to lose big matches like that one but it was cool to see that place packed and totally hyped for the game.  Just another awesome display of volleyball fandom by Nebraska with that incredible (as usual) turn out and the electricity.  Also that black court is awesome.... 

As others have said yeah I knew we are young and also missing that big hitter like Stanford has in Plummer.  Man that girl is a hammer for them.  Like knapple said it is going to be fun to watch this team develop.  Heck the tickets for Nebraska/Northwestern here in a few weeks are 7 bucks!!!  I will be taking the wife!  Always a good seat there and I am constantly amazed of how easy it is to get tickets when the Huskers are in town. 

GBR