ESPN: Separating Fact From Fiction - Is Nebraska In Trouble?

Saunders

Huskers will win 42-10.   

Tomorrow night is the beginning of the future of Husker Football under Frost.   We will play well, although not perfect.  There are plenty of young players still learning but we will win this game comfortably. 

Let the adventure begin!   Go Big Red!      

nil

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
18 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Huskers will win 42-10.   

Tomorrow night is the beginning of the future of Husker Football under Frost.   We will play well, although not perfect.  There are plenty of young players still learning but we will win this game comfortably. 

Let the adventure begin!   Go Big Red!      l

You willing to share some of that Kool-Aid you're drinking.  I'm thirsty (for a win).  :D    :koolaid2:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, 4skers89 said:

I predict a close game in the first half with NIU probably leading.  Second half we play about the same and eke out a victory.  Better than a loss but not reassuring.

I don't expect significant improvement throughout the season like last year when the offense, defense and special teams were new with a true freshman QB.  A loss tomorrow is possible in which case 4-5 wins max.  We could be in trouble.

I don't see how you don't expect improvement  The offense has a first time starting center and guard. Another guard with limited starts. Starting sophomore QB and RB. True freshmen starting at the Duck R and only one real senior at wide receiver who is a grad transfer. I'd say that amount of youth could improve significantly over the year. The improvement from game 1 to 2 was noticable. The defense is old and experienced and may not change drastically but the offense can. 

• Plus1 1

If we do not start showing that the Frost system is working, a lot of fans and sponsors will start questioning his hire. I wholeheartedly believe that Frost wants to win and wants to bring the huskers back, there is zero doubt about that. I fully support him and know in my heart that his intentions are genuine. However, I also think that he underestimated how hard this will be. It took Wisconsin years to become what they are now and they followed the Husker recipe from the 90s. The problem is that we abandoned that recipe for 18 years now and think we can win by letting the ball fly. We need to get back to basic smash mouth football running the ball down opponents throats. We do not have that with this team and that is why I believe it will be a very long and disappointing season.

16 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I don't see how you don't expect improvement  The offense has a first time starting center and guard. Another guard with limited starts. Starting sophomore QB and RB. True freshmen starting at the Duck R and only one real senior at wide receiver who is a grad transfer. I'd say that amount of youth could improve significantly over the year. The improvement from game 1 to 2 was noticable. The defense is old and experienced and may not change drastically but the offense can. 

You’re taking words out of my mouth. I said significant improvement. For the young O-linemen, if it’s a matter of strength, they won’t get it during the season.

10 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

You’re taking words out of my mouth. I said significant improvement. For the young O-linemen, if it’s a matter of strength, they won’t get it during the season.

Dont' want to start a new thread, so popping this question in here.  What is the status of Bryce Benhardt?  Haven't heard his name at all since the season started.  Is he officially redshirting?  Wondering why he isn't getting on the field under the four game rule.  Maybe later games?  Just not developed enough yet?  Thought I heard he might challenge for a starting spot.

18 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Wasn't trying to take words out of your mouth my bad there. However there can still be significant improvement. I don't think the line issues are strength it's recognizing defenses and executing their blocks. There were multiple times last week we had 5 lineman blocking 2 or 3 guys while the others ran free to AM. That's not a strength and can improve significantly. 

13 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

Dont' want to start a new thread, so popping this question in here.  What is the status of Bryce Benhardt?  Haven't heard his name at all since the season started.  Is he officially redshirting?  Wondering why he isn't getting on the field under the four game rule.  Maybe later games?  Just not developed enough yet?  Thought I heard he might challenge for a starting spot.

He will get on the field soon.

But this kind of expectation is a reason it's for the better he hasn't seen the field yet.

• Plus1 1