The good, the bad, and the ugly (idiot edition)

BigPeterJ

Ill preface this by saying im truly not an expert by any means.  So correct me please.

The good:

*Mills! He saw the holes, still needs to be a bit more patient, but lots of progress made! 

*Passing game! Martinez saw more open guys downfield.  Still missed a few, and not great, but good progress.

*Defense! Still doing their thing.  Our Defense is legit! (One worry, i will get too later)

*Backups. Honestly i think our offense looks equally as good with Vedral, and our backup receivers/blockers. (Just sayin)

The bad:

*O-line still missing some blocks.  But it was a bit better than last week.

*Martinez still looks a lil bit slow (physically and mentally)

The ugly:

*Our one strength so far- Our Defense- took a hit.  We had already lost one of our best safeties, and now Cam Taylor looks like he is out for a long time (hope im wrong).  If he is out, we have lost our 2 best safeties (Deontai Williams and now Cam Taylor).  I LOVE our defense, but Deontai and Cam were possibly our 2 best defenders, if not our 2 best Safeties in the least.  Didnt hurt us today, but against better teams this could be a BIG problem. 

Probably our best 2 athletes on defense out? We lose alot of our speed defensively, how will we adjust? My biggest worry coming out of this game is this. Thoughts on this?

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

Ill preface this by saying im truly not an expert by any means.  So correct me please.

The good:

*Mills! He saw the holes, still needs to be a bit more patient, but lots of progress made! 

*Passing game! Martinez saw more open guys downfield.  Still missed a few, and not great, but good progress.

*Defense! Still doing their thing.  Our Defense is legit! (One worry, i will get too later)

*Backups. Honestly i think our offense looks equally as good with Vedral, and our backup receivers/blockers. (Just sayin)

The bad:

The ugly:

*Our one strength so far- Our Defense- took a hit.  We had already lost one of our best safeties, and now Cam Taylor looks like he is out for a long time (hope im wrong).  If he is out, we have lost our 2 best safeties (Deontai Williams and now Cam Taylor).  I LOVE our defense, but Deontai and Cam were possibly our 2 best defenders, if not our 2 best Safeties in the least.  Didnt hurt us today, but against better teams this could be a BIG problem. 

Probably our best 2 athletes on defense out? We lose alot of our speed defensively, how will we adjust? My biggest worry coming out of this game is this. Thoughts on this?

Good news is it sounds like Cam Taylor will be okay. 

• Plus1 2

When i later look back at my posts, 90% of them are useless.  I just need to write them out so my mind can process the game.  The games this year have confused me, and i really dont know what to make of them.  

Looking at lastnights game, if NIU didnt make so many mistakes it could have been a close game which concerns me.  On the other side of that thought, we also made alot of mistakes and still won 44-8 which is a very impressive score.  In other words, i still know nothing.

56 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

When i later look back at all of the posts on this board, 90% of them are useless.  I just need to write them out so my mind can process the game.  The games this year have confused me, and i really dont know what to make of them.  

Looking at lastnights game, if NIU didnt make so many mistakes it could have been a close game which concerns me.  On the other side of that thought, we also made alot of mistakes and still won 44-8 which is a very impressive score.  In other words, i still know nothing.

I fixed it for you.

Edited by runningblind
This is a dig at the 475 pages of game thread nonsense that I avoid every saturday.
  • Haha 4
22 hours ago, BigPeterJ said:

The good:

The bad:

The ugly:

No.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1