Chances of Gameday at Nebraska for Ohio State

knapplc

They just announced the kickoff for Ohio State will be at 6:30, with the game on ABC. The Buckeyes will be undefeated and ranked in the Top Ten after they take care of Miami (OH) next weekend.

Nebraska will not be ranked, but would be 3-1 if we beat Illinois in Champaign.

Two marquee teams. College blue-bloods. It would make for a compelling backdrop for the game.

But that begs the question - who else is playing that Saturday?

Here's our competition to host Gameday:

#1 Clemson plays North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

Ole Miss travels to Tuscaloosa to play #2 Alabama

Texas Tech travels to Norman to play #5 Oklahoma

Mississippi State travels to Auburn to play #8 Auburn

#9 Florida plays Towson

There are a couple of ranked matchups, too:

#19 Washington State travels to Salt Lake City to take on #10 Utah

#21 Virginia travels to #7 Notre Dame

So there's some competition to host.

If we beat the hell out of Illinois and look good doing it, I think we have a pretty fair chance to host.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

I’d prefer gameday return to Nebraska when they’re a marquee top ten opponent, and not when they look like a plucky gladiator who may last a little longer against the lions than some. 

Let’s wait a year or two. They’ll be back on our terms. 

I am voting with Capo on this one

23 minutes ago, knapplc said:

#1 Clemson plays North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

Ole Miss travels to Tuscaloosa to play #2 Alabama

Texas Tech travels to Norman to play #5 Oklahoma

Mississippi State travels to Auburn to play #8 Auburn

#9 Florida plays Towson

There are a couple of ranked matchups, too:

#19 Washington State travels to Salt Lake City to take on #10 Utah

#21 Virginia travels to #7 Notre Dame

They'll get Clemson at some point this year.  If it was at Clemson I'd see that as more of a possibility but not sure at UNC

They'll get a bigger match-up for their Alabama visit.

Possibly Oklahoma but I'd think they'd be waiting for Texas (probably) or TCU (maybe) for them

Possibly Auburn but I'd think they'd be licking their chops for Alabama/Auburn so I'm guessing they're waiting on those two

Florida/Towson?  Probably not.

I think the biggest contender is Utah/Washington State.  Utah is Top 10 and has a great chance to win the Pac-12.  They probably won't play a really high-ranked opponent all year so this might be their best chance to catch them.  Unless they wait until Week 10 and catch them at Washington but that week looks like Georgia/Florida right now.

They are at Notre Dame/Georgia this week so they won't do Notre Dame two weeks in a row.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

They'll get Clemson at some point this year.  If it was at Clemson I'd see that as more of a possibility but not sure at UNC

They'll get a bigger match-up for their Alabama visit.

Possibly Oklahoma but I'd think they'd be waiting for Texas (probably) or TCU (maybe) for them

Possibly Auburn but I'd think they'd be licking their chops for Alabama/Auburn so I'm guessing they're waiting on those two

Florida/Towson?  Probably not.

I think the biggest contender is Utah/Washington State.  Utah is Top 10 and has a great chance to win the Pac-12.  They probably won't play a really high-ranked opponent all year so this might be their best chance to catch them.  Unless they wait until Week 10 and catch them at Washington but that week looks like Georgia/Florida right now.

They are at Notre Dame/Georgia this week so they won't do Notre Dame two weeks in a row.

It seems like the west coast is frowned upon since it would have to start at 6 AM.  This would be a good matchup for them to go to, however.  You can guarantee there'd be a piece about those WSU flags.