Chances of Gameday at Nebraska for Ohio State

knapplc

they had a segment this weekend about power 5 schools that have never hosted a GameDay. Ames used to be at the top of the list until last weekend...

Syracuse

Minnesota

Maryland

Cal

Wade

Rutgers

Kansas

Virginia

Illinois

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I do find it funny that most of us pretend we hate ESPN and College Game Day...but now we would love it to be in Lincoln.  

Still the best college football show, hands down.

always my favorite Saturday morning watch...I have not seen any hatred of the program

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

I don't find the show interesting. But others do, so it's worth talking about.

I don't really watch it either.  Every so often, I'll have it on while I'm working around the house on a Saturday morning just because I want something college football on.

But, there are people who claim they hate the show and don't care if they ever come to Lincoln.  I just don't get where that comes from.  It's a huge benefit for what ever school they go to.  Free advertising.  

15 minutes ago, Husker Poyer said:

It seems like the west coast is frowned upon since it would have to start at 6 AM.  This would be a good matchup for them to go to, however.  You can guarantee there'd be a piece about those WSU flags.

The game is in SLC so would be mountain time zone - 7am.  Still early but beats 6am.  

• Plus1 1

Gameday is great for exposure, recruiting, etc. I like some of the reports they do about players/coaches off the field, but I don't really care much for the actual people on the show. Fowler is OK. Herbstreit and Desmond Howard are just annoying to me. Corso has lost his mind and shouldn't really be on there anymore. 

• Plus1 2

Remember, their goal isn't to cover the game that represents the two highest ranking teams, their goal is to get the most people tuned in.  It's hard to find two more involved fans bases that Ohio State and Nebraska.  As long as we don't look bad Saturday, I think it will be here.  

• Plus1 4
8 minutes ago, FTW said:

I'd say if we beat Illinois, there's a 50% chance considering the game with Ohio State is at 6:30. My bet is that it will be at Chapel Hill.

Considering ABC is making it their marquee matchup of the night, as long as we don't fail at Illinois, they're in Lincoln. 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Considering ABC is making it their marquee matchup of the night, as long as we don't fail at Illinois, they're in Lincoln. 

With the alternate uniforms, primetime against a top 10 team in Lincoln in front of that crowd. If I'm a recruit, it doesn't get any better than that. That's what CFB is all about. I hope they're in Lincoln. It's been far too long, IMO.